We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kathmandu to melamchi sindhupalchok

New Delhi, Delhi...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
kathmandu to melamchi sindhupalchok

i am from lucknow, india, will be going to kathmandu, nepal from there i wish to visit melamchi village of sindhupalchok distrct nepal but didn't know about the hotel accomodation, availibility in melamchi, travel time from kathmandu to melamchi, bus facilities availibility and timing of buses from and to melamchi.........moreover is melamchi a safe place to travel alone for a for a first timer Iike me..........will be travelling first time to a place other than kathmandu in nepal................................kindly help

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,447 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kathmandu to melamchi sindhupalchok

Hello atul_lucknow,

Welcome to TripAdvisor forum for Nepal!

I am not sure but if you are talking about the Melamchi village in Helambu Trek then it's little far from Kathmandu to access. There are guest houses, I stayed at Yangri Lodge [If I remember properly]. It will Take about 3 days if you reach Melamchi Pul Bazaar and starting walking from there. I do not know if there are other options available. Nepal is pretty safe to travel. However personally rather than walking totally alone I recommend you to find a companion or use at least a Nepali staff.

Good Luck!

New Delhi, Delhi...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: kathmandu to melamchi sindhupalchok

thanks for reply............3 days ???? i wan't to travel by bus from kathmandu..... please suggest......

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
10,134 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kathmandu to melamchi sindhupalchok

Hi

There are two Melamchis (at least) in Sindhupalchok:

Melamch Pul Bazaar which is about 4 hours by bus from KTM (Ratna bus park, I think).

Melamchi Gaon which involves some walking but not necessarily 3 days; some of the buses continue up the valley to Timbu of not beyond which would reduce walking time.

Both can be seen on this map:

…umbra.cz/img/map/Langtang_1_100000_150_dpi_…

scoodly

Edited: 3:11 pm, August 29, 2013
France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,447 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kathmandu to melamchi sindhupalchok

Hi again.

If you want to travel by bus the probably you are talking about Melamchi Pul Bazaar which is about 4 hours as mentioned on previous post. I think Melamchi Gaon do not have road access yet.

Good Luck!

New Delhi, Delhi...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: kathmandu to melamchi sindhupalchok

yeah i m talking about melamchi pul bazaar only..., what abt the availibility of hotels there, is it a safe place?

i had plan for a 2 days halting there .., can u suggest some hotels there...? i didn't know nepali will it be ok......please suggest me.

New Delhi, Delhi...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: kathmandu to melamchi sindhupalchok

suggest me some hotels in kathmandu and melamchi

France
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,447 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: kathmandu to melamchi sindhupalchok

Hello again,

Melamchi Pul Bazaar is about 3/4 hours drive [if I can remember correctly] from Kathmandu. I stayed at a small lodge when I was returning from trekking in Helambu area long time ago. I do not know the name of the hotels there.

In Kathmandu there are several hotels. I have stayed in different hotels; both deluxe and standard ones. I would say Hotel Shankar if you are looking for deluxe hotel, Samsara Resort, Hotel Thamel etc.

Here are the hotels listed: tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g293890-Kathmandu_Kat…

Good Luck!

Fairfax, Virginia
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: kathmandu to melamchi sindhupalchok

The best way to get ideas about villages of nepal these days can be the facebook group or pages. Admin or user are a good source of knowledges about the local areas.

The facebook pages

" Radio Melamchi,"

"Melamchi Guest House,"

"Indrawati Campus Melamchi,"

"Hamro Melamchi Bazar,"

"Melamchi, Sindhupalchok District, Nepal,"

"Hamro Helambu,"

"Helambu, Nepal"

Above pages users and admin are good sources of knowledge if you really want to be there.

Thank you.

shuvash aryal

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: kathmandu to melamchi sindhupalchok

I don't do facebook so that is not a very good suggestion

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: kathmandu to melamchi sindhupalchok

Melamchi Pul is a bazaar. There are at least 5 or 6 hotels, basic and upmarket. Most of them are close to the bus stop, so you can choose when you arrive. It is a perfectly safe place.

There are shops and restaurants as well.