We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight from Kathmandu to Bangkok

Which Kathmandu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
397 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Flight from Kathmandu to Bangkok

Hello fellow travellers,

I am looking to book 17 people from Kathmandu to Bangkok in October. The Nepal Airlines site shows the fares to be much cheaper if bought in Bangkok. Why is this and where in Bangkok is the office? I will be in Bangkok in July. Do you think that is leaving it too late to buy the tickets?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheers, Lynne

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight from Kathmandu to Bangkok

Alternatively, there is a budget flight called 'Air Asia' runs between KTM and BKK. Its website is airasia.com

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight from Kathmandu to Bangkok

are you sure you meant ticket from KTM - BKK and not BKK - KTM?

RA office in BKK is on Convent Rd in Silom Area - if you are familiar with the city

It's thrid or fourth buliding when you turn left on convent - south bound on Silom Rd

within 2 mins walking from sky trail station - but since there are no signs indicating it's RA office (2nd or 3rd floor - I forgot)

you will have to call them and get instrctions on how to get to their office

in gnereal RA is cheaper than Thai Airways for KTM to BKK direct flight

but frequent delays - causing problems if you have tight connections

if time is not a factor and the cost is

then you can fly via DEL with Indian carriers - which might work out even chepaer than RA if you buy in advance

but keep in mind that 3.5 hours of journey turns into 8 or 9 hours with layovers and all

buying ticket in july for october is early enough no matter where you go

good luck

Edited: 12:18 pm, March 25, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
397 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight from Kathmandu to Bangkok

Thanks for your replies. I fly with AirAsia all the time but their fares from Kathmandu to Bangkok are 3 times as much as those with Nepal Airlines if purchased in Bangkok. Still don't understand why but I'll check it out in July. Thanks for the address, neupaneaj and, yes I did mean Kathmandu to Bangkok. No tight connections involved and the savings on 17 tickets would be substantial.

Cheers, Lynne

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight from Kathmandu to Bangkok

I am sure that if you buy tickets at nepal its cheap.I guess the price will be between usd 180 to 250 at ra

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight from Kathmandu to Bangkok

KTM-BKK means you have a Int'l connection??

or may be a stopover in BKK?

RA is bit risky if you have connections lasting 4 hrs or less

You could save money by looking into air asia (but you will fly all the way to KUL first)

Or else Jet Airways or Air India might be other options

Sydney,Australia
Level Contributor
393 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight from Kathmandu to Bangkok

As long as you have a min of 3-4hrs of transit time in hand flying Nepal Airlines will not be an issue plus their inflight catering is still acceptable.

7. Re: Flight from Kathmandu to Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 31, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kathmandu