We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sleeping bag in Patan

New York, New York...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Sleeping bag in Patan

Hi everyone,

I'm going on a Base Camp Trek and plan on buying a sleeping bag once hitting the ground in Kathmandu. I'm going to be staying in Patan - could I find a decent bag there? How much would it cost?

Thanks a lot!

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sleeping bag in Patan

I am not sure what trekking gear shops you find in the Patan area.....but there will be some. If you go to Thamel (the tourist area) there will be one on each corner and plenty in between.

In the Eastern side of thamel, you find Tridivi Marg and nearby you find 'Shona's'. They sell and rent out good gear. And typical you can rent a sleeping bag for 1-2 usd per day. The Price if you buy depends on the quality....but it will be way cheaper than buying at home.

New York, New York...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sleeping bag in Patan

Ok, great, that really helps. Thanks!

3. Re: Sleeping bag in Patan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 22, 2014