We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Langtang to pokhara

Singapore
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Langtang to pokhara

Hi

I am wondering if it is possible to travel from langtang to pokhar by ca/jeep or I need to make a one night stop over in kathmandu?

Thanks

Cumbria
Level Contributor
5,071 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Langtang to pokhara

Yes it would be possible to travel in one day by jeep – But you would have to pre-arrange this before leaving Kathmandu before you went on trek

There is now a relatively new road that turns right near Trisuli Bazaar and comes out before Muglin on the Kathmandu to Pokhara road, so you cut the corner and avoid Kathmandu completely.

Busses no also ply this route.

Good Luck and Happy Safe Travels

Rob

Singapore
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Langtang to pokhara

Thanks Rob.

Do you know roughly how much it is to rent a cheap jeep from kathmandu to langtang?

Cumbria
Level Contributor
5,071 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Langtang to pokhara

Sorry, I can’t say exactly but it is now around the $200 mark for one from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi and it will be approximately twice the distance to Pokhara, although the last 140k or so is on good roads, so I would take an educated guess of $350.

Are you getting a jeep to Syabru Besi and if so how much are you paying for that? – If so double the price and knock $50 or so off and that should give you a starting point

Good Luck

Rob

Singapore
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Langtang to pokhara

I am given a quote of usd350 for Kathmandu to langtang 2 ways.

Still waiting for the new quote for Kathmandu to langtang to pokhar back to Kathmandu.

Cumbria
Level Contributor
5,071 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Langtang to pokhara

OK – Your original quote fits in nicely into the figures I guestimated, so if they come back with a quote of around $500 for both journeys then I think the price is fair.

You could also put up posts asking for people to share so as to cut down on your costs, I did this a couple pf years ago and was successful

Good Luck

Rob

PS – This price doesn’t include the Pokhara back to Kathmandu – If you wanted to do that it would go up considerably but you could either fly or just hire a car separately for that journey

Edited: 10:29 am, February 17, 2013
6. Re: Langtang to pokhara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 19, 2014