We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions

Which Kathmandu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
A few questions

Hello.

We are a group of 4 planning to come to Kathmandu in mid January (around 12.01) next year. We will come only for a few days, making it a side trip from Delhi by plane. Visiting Nepal (especially Kathmandu) has always been a dream of one of us and the rest is also very thrilled with this idea. I will be grateful for some advice.

We are planning to visit Kathmandu Valley only, so Kathmandu city, Bhaktapur and Patan. We would also like to go to Nagarkot - to observe Mt Everest if possible. As we have limited time (will be in India from 11th to 26th Jan) we can't decide how many nights to spend in Kathmandu - 3 or 4? I know that it's always better to stay as long as possible but on the other hand our sightseeing style is very quick and we don't like to wander around the same streets there and back. What do you recommend? How much time does it take to get from Kathmandu to Nagarkot or Bhaktapur? Or maybe you recommend some other places in close proximity to visit?

I know that January is not the best time to visit this region but is it really that bad? We are used to cold, in Poland we usually have -10C daytime in this time of year and snow, how exactly does it look in Nepal? I'm reading all those climate descriptions but they all look like "copy/paste" for me, telling that the weather is good from November to December and then from February to March - but what about January, looks like a black hole ;) Shall I expect about +10C during the day and about 0C at night? If yes, that really doesn't sound bad for me ;) Or maybe some bad things happen in Jan, like storms etc?

Any advice would be very appreciated.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tibet, Montagna e sport invernali, Milan, Nepal, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Ladakh, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
7,641 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: A few questions

I suggest you to fix the price before take the taxi. It's the only way you have to obtain a good price.

About the car with driver, you can take it direcly in Kathmandu so you can choose the one gives you the best price ;-)

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: A few questions

OK, thank you VERY much for your help :)

13. Re: A few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 02, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kathmandu