We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

inside verses outside chitwan

Bundaberg, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
inside verses outside chitwan

We're planning our first trip to nepal next year and i've managed to sell this nepal trekking trip to my wife with the addition of a chitwan safari extention. we're planning on going in spring or autumn next year. i have seen several tour backages for both inside and outside chitwan NP. What is the difference and what would be best? we're planning at least 3 or 4 nights at Chitwan.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: inside verses outside chitwan

outside np you are among locals in tharu villages like sauraha - but the accommodations are minimal - inside np there are fairly decent places but are pricey too

like some of the ones listed in the link below

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g293892-c3-Chitwan_Na…

it all depends on your budget and what's the overall experience you want to get out of

if you are strictly going for the np experience - to be submerged in thick sub tropical forest surrounded with wildlife stay inside

Carthage, Tunisia
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: inside verses outside chitwan

At the moment you can't stay inside the park as none of the lodges/hotels have had their permits extended. Whether that happens in the future is anybodies guess! So all are "temporarily" closed.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: inside verses outside chitwan

hf01 i didn't know that they are all closed due to "permits" crap

way to go and loose on any potential earning of tourist dollars

they don't accidently shoot themselevs on the foot

seems like they actually point and aim real hard

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: inside verses outside chitwan

we book only Outside in this movement because of unsure of inside hotel. it is better to book bit outside of sauraha main bazzar .

Bhim

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: inside verses outside chitwan

There are also great hotels in Sauraha:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g1367591-Sauraha_Chit…

We have had some good experiences buying package tours at Hotel Parkside. I have seen several of the other hotels - but only from the outside - and they look nice and cosy too.

I have no experience with staying inside NP; have always chosen to stay outside because I want to explore local life end culture too.

Edited: 5:57 am, October 12, 2012
Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: inside verses outside chitwan

I have not been to Nepal but plan to do so End April next year (with my family with two children t).

1. How touristy is Sapan?

So right now you can only stay outside Chitwan. As one can save quite some money, this is probably ok. But I am not sure how busy Sapana gets, if it is too touristy, it might spoil the Safaris experience, right ? Our focus is less on 'local life and culture' but more on Safari.

2. Elephant Safari outside the park

I have a question regarding the elephant safari, probably one of the highlights of a trip: I understand you can not enter the park on elephant either. Does this mean tourists will see much less wildlife? Because outside the park, the wildlife might not be protected....

3. Activites of the different lodges

How do the lodges outside compare in their activities? Do they offer more or less show the same elephant washing in the river, do the same elephant safari route.... ? I s the main difference the quality of the accomodation and the food?

4. Air Condition

For a visit End April, is a lodge with A/C recommended? I know it is nice, but how hot will it be?

I am considering the Sapan Village Lodge based on what I have seen so far.

Thanks!

Kathmandu, Nepal
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: inside verses outside chitwan

you can stay inside Jungle in chitwan .

Have a visit

http://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=jungle+stay+in+nepal&hl=en&ll=27.560178,84.563634&spn=0.009359,0.021136&fb=1&gl=in&hq=jungle+stay&hnear=0x3995e8c77d2e68cf:0x34a29abcd0cc86de,Nepal&cid=0,0,14871004912460560170&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: inside verses outside chitwan

No you can not stay inside Chitwan:

nepalitimes.com/issue/2012/08/24/Nation/19571

More important, I asked the Tiger Tops lodge and they confirm the expiry of the lease.

However, I am more interested in more information:

Is it possible to do Elephant Safaries into Chitwan during the day?

What is an Elephant Safari into the Buffer Zone like in comparison?

9. Re: inside verses outside chitwan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, December 15, 2013