We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trekking in Nepal

Which Kathmandu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin Dells...
1 post
Save Topic
Trekking in Nepal

I'm off work for two months in 2013-mid March to mid May and i know this is the best time to trek in Nepal. While googling i was just confused as i found a lot of local companies but i was attracted to Himalayan Glacier Trekking Company. They have nice website with good bit of explanation on different trips. I would be grateful if anyone who did trek or did any tours with them can suggest me how they are like in terms of services? Will i be okay if i trust them for my two months trip in Nepal? I am interested in a trek probably in Annapurna and a peak climb in Everest area.

1. Re: Trekking in Nepal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:34 am, October 09, 2012
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tibet, Montagna e sport invernali, Milan, Nepal, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Ladakh, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
7,687 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trekking in Nepal

Dear Mike, the most important things are: company must be regulary registered by government, their mountain guides must me certificated by goverment and they must have an insurance. There're many TO in Nepal, you can compare them before choose to know what they inculde and what not.

I'll be again in Everest Region in April/May. Maybe we'll meet during the trek ;-)

Namaste

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trekking in Nepal

I have no idea about Himalayan Glacier Trekking Company...we always have used another one. You are welcome to PM me, if you want information about the agency we use.

Rongpuk have given good advice both about the way to check if the agency is working legally and to make sure you find the agent that suits you the best.

Get a few quotes and compare!

Have some correspondance with the different agencies, to get a feeling if they match your expectations!

Don't transfer any money, before you have met the guide going with you in person, so you know he has sufficient language skills and that you will get along fine with him!

When you are staying for two months, you have plenty of time to arrange some of your activities after arrival. So you could start by just planning the Annapurna trek and if the agent is working to your satisfaction, you could arrange more through him...and if he doesn't you just find another.

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,431 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trekking in Nepal

I just replied to your another thread; I also have no idea about the agent you are talking about but heard them few times. They had many reviews in TripAdvisor but all of them seem to be removed by TripAdvisor. I would inquire with different agents and compare the prices and services between them before making single choose!

All the best!~

5. Re: Trekking in Nepal

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:21 am, October 08, 2012
6. Re: Trekking in Nepal

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 am, October 08, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Trekking in Nepal

There are many company base in kathmandu. most of them reasonable. Just look and Trust them. no worry.

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
756 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trekking in Nepal

hi mike, i went with himalayan glacier trekking last year in march going to everest base camp and up island peak.

i can thoroughly recommend them, however im sure there are lots of other good companies as well.

the accomodation, guide and porter and food were all great and they looked after us fantastically. the only downside i would say is that being an aussie i have never climbed on ice before and was only given about 1 hour of training using the crampons and ice axe the day before we were due to try and reach the island peak summit. which we did!

PM me if you would like any further info from my experiences

9. Re: Trekking in Nepal

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 am, October 10, 2012
10. Re: Trekking in Nepal

Removed on: 3:05 am, October 12, 2012