We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling to Nepal

Which Kathmandu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
travelling to Nepal

hi! i plan to visit Nepal this last August. is it better to book for a tour now or can I have better bargains for such tours if I am already in Nepal?

Sydney,Australia
Level Contributor
395 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling to Nepal

do it once ur in Nepal

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,431 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling to Nepal

Both options are OK but I personally recommend you to book from home. You can inquire with different agencies and compare the prices and services and choose one of them. It will make you worry free and everything will be confirmed when you are in Kathmandu.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling to Nepal

thanks very much!

Kathmandu, Nepal
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling to Nepal

Hi there,

You are welcome to the himalayan country Nepal. It is better to book now and it would be more easy for you. You can google diffrent travel and trekking agency in Nepal and send inquiry then you can book the best one.

Binod

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
30 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling to Nepal

I don't know if I'm allowed to make recommendations on here so I'm going to word this carefully. It was important to me that when I looked into Nepal (I will be there in November) I made sure the money was going to the Nepalese people. I wanted to work with a local company and help to benefit their economy, as opposed to a travel company in the USA. After A LOT of research, I found a company in Nepal that is arranging all of my travel (tours and homestay). If you would like to message me privately I will share more details.

Edited: 4:47 pm, August 25, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travelling to Nepal

do this - browse and narrow down to couple of agncies - finalize all the details about your travel plans with each of them seperately. but make selection between the two once you have landed in ktm and have had a chance to meet each of them - that way you are certain. don't pre-pay anything. the only drawback with this strategy is that you many not be able to book the last minute flights out of KTM they might be full - if you are planning to be there for a short time and have travel plans out side of KTM via air that is. but late Aug is not all that busy.

Edited: 9:34 pm, August 25, 2012
kathmandu
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: travelling to Nepal

welcome to Nepal doc_iya...your both option is right .... it does not matter whether you booked here or from there its up to you......

England, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: travelling to Nepal

i think you would save a lot of money organising when in Nepal, you'll be able to haggle over a price and it would be quite usual to be able to meet your guide before you start. Its worth researching before you go and then maybe set half a day aside while your there to arrange it all. you'll pay a lot more if you book with an agent before you go.

…blogspot.co.uk/p/nepal.html

9. Re: travelling to Nepal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 28, 2013