We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel - Dwarikas or Hyatt

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel - Dwarikas or Hyatt

Hi!

I am confused between Dwarikas and Hyatt.

1 Which is better in terms of service and luxury?

2 I will be traveling to Thamel for nightlife so which one will be closer?

3 Is it safe to travel from Thamel to these hotels during nights and will taxis be available? How much travel time for both?

4 Which one is closer the airport and how much time for travel?

Thanks.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel - Dwarikas or Hyatt

# Dwarika's is closer and the services are also better in Dwarika.

# Dawrika is again closer from Thamel so after nightlife no problem to get back.

# There won't be any problem to travel by taxi to Dwarika during night if you are worried about getting taxi then you can ask hotel to provide a car for both way.

# Dwarika is closer to airport. It takes 10 minutes from Dwarika whereas from Hyaat it takes at least 30 minutes shortcut way. so I would suggest Dwarika from every angle.

All the best and have a good trip

Bhuwan

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel - Dwarikas or Hyatt

Pls read the reviews here in TA. That is the best way to do it. Dwarika seem to rank better - and offers very unique experience but is situated in very unremarkable crowded neighborhood. Hyatt sits in a bit more esay atmosphere.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293890-d310327…

Don't get too hung up on ditance as the above post states - KTM is not all that big - when there is no traffic any point to any point in valley is within 25 mins. Distance between Dwarika and Hyatt is about couple of miles by the way.

Edited: 7:31 am, June 24, 2012
Pokhara
Level Contributor
892 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel - Dwarikas or Hyatt

Hi hitenb*Greetings From Nepal , please Check my Opinion For Your Questions .......

1 Which is better in terms of service and luxury?

Both Are Among The TOP HOTELS OF NEPAL & Has Different Taste As Dwarika`S Is Heritage Hotel & Gives You Lots Of Authentic Looks & Built IN A Traditional NEWARI Style The Detailed Art Work Is Really Like Visiting The UNESCO Sites OF Nepal ,

Hyatt Regency Kathmandu Is Spacious Thrice Bigger Ground Than DWARIKA `S Well Laid Back With Huge Grounds Lovely Garden Amazing * SPA FACILITIES* I.E. Saunna , Steam , Jacuzzi Nice Well Equipped Gym ,Huge Lobby Area & Nice Lounge ETC/

2 I will be traveling to Thamel for nightlife so which one will be closer?

There Wont Be Much Difference on Time Going & Returing From Thamel Between These Hotels HYATT TAKES 5~7 MINUTES Longer Than From DWARIKAS .

3 Is it safe to travel from Thamel to these hotels during nights and will taxis be available? How much travel time for both?

Taxis Are Available Out Side Of Both The Hotels 24/7 & Also Taxis In THAMEL Area Area available Almost ANy times Too, To Save More Than 60 % Hire them from Out side would Make sense You Can CONFIDENTLY HIRE CABS FROM OUT SIDE THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY SAFE, The Travelling Time Depend On The Traffic Which Takes On Normal Condiiton Not More than 20~30 MINUTES .

4 Which one is closer the airport and how much time for travel?

From The Airport To Dwarikas Takes Approximetely 10 MIN...& For Hyatt Regency Takes 15~20 MINUTES ...Traffic Apply .

Any More Info Require for Your Kathmandu trip Let Discuss Here on the Forum you may found lots of helpful info .

Best Wishes

RajaPokhara.

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,442 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel - Dwarikas or Hyatt

Dwarikas is not bad. I spent my first honeymoon night here. I do not have experiences with Hyatt!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel - Dwarikas or Hyatt

Thanks all!

I think I will go with Dwarikas!

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel - Dwarikas or Hyatt

Also Please write your experience after your trip in Nepal or the hotel. I am sure you will be surprised and will have some of the openion about it.

Enjoy your trip

Bhuwan

7. Re: Hotel - Dwarikas or Hyatt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 26, 2013