We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KTM: Where can I get SINGING BOWLS handmade in Nepal?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
KTM: Where can I get SINGING BOWLS handmade in Nepal?

I hear that a lot of singing bowls in the Kathmandu area are actually made in India and/or machine-made. I'm looking to find a shop that sells singing bowls that are HANDMADE IN NEPAL. Does anyone know of a shop in KTM where I can gett these? Thanks!

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
3 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KTM: Where can I get SINGING BOWLS handmade in Nepal?

I saw handmade singing bowls on sale in a handicraft stores located near Boudhanath Stupa. For a small size bowl the asking price was NR 2000/-

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tibet, Montagna e sport invernali, Milan, Nepal, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Ladakh, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
7,710 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KTM: Where can I get SINGING BOWLS handmade in Nepal?

I usually go in Patan to buy singing bowls. Now i have six pieces in different size, everyone hand made. You can find them if you go to visit the golden temple, in the inside square on the opposite side of the entry you will find an open door, if you cross it you will enter in a square where you'll find a little shop. The owner do the singing bowls with his hands ;-). The prices are from less than 20 US dollars to more than 200.

Check it ;-)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KTM: Where can I get SINGING BOWLS handmade in Nepal?

Thanks RaghuNair! Do you remember the name of the store? And, to confirm, they're handmade-- not made in India or by machine-- right?! Thanks again!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: KTM: Where can I get SINGING BOWLS handmade in Nepal?

Thanks RaghuNair! Do you remember the name of the store? And, to confirm, they're handmade-- not made in India or by machine-- right?! Thanks again!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: KTM: Where can I get SINGING BOWLS handmade in Nepal?

Thanks, rongpuk! I just looked back at your original reply to my other message & realized you already answered my question!!! Thanks again for guiding me on this! I'll be sure to go there for singing bowls. All the best...

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
3 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: KTM: Where can I get SINGING BOWLS handmade in Nepal?

After entering the Boudnath Stupa take a left turn. You will find the shop before reaching the restaurants. I dont remember the name of the shop.

Nepal
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: KTM: Where can I get SINGING BOWLS handmade in Nepal?

If you are interested to buy online then this site may be www.myshopasia.com good as they deliver internationally.

Regards

Shiva

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tibet, Montagna e sport invernali, Milan, Nepal, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Ladakh, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
7,710 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: KTM: Where can I get SINGING BOWLS handmade in Nepal?

Chuck have a nice trip over there, and if you want, when you'll be back tell us about it ;-)

Namaste

Rongpuk

9. Re: KTM: Where can I get SINGING BOWLS handmade in Nepal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, July 04, 2012
Kathmandu, null...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: KTM: Where can I get SINGING BOWLS handmade in Nepal?

You can get a handmade singing bowl in Nepal in this online store

http://www.buddhist-ritual-items.com/

It's a big wholesale store of singing bowls in Nepal