We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transit from Delhi airport to Kathmandu timescales?

Poole, Dorset
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
transit from Delhi airport to Kathmandu timescales?

We're flying next month from London to Kathmandu via Delhi. I've just been reading on other forums that Delhi airport can be a bit of a nightmare so I'm starting to get worried! Our flight from London arrives into Delhi by Jet Air at 10:40 hours and our connecting flight to Kathmandu leaves Delhi at 12:30 hours. It looks like we have to reclaim our luggage and check in again (another Jet Air flight) looking at some other posts. Does anyone know how long this will take. Will we have enough time? Thanks

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tibet, Montagna e sport invernali, Milan, Nepal, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Ladakh, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
7,825 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transit from Delhi airport to Kathmandu timescales?

Namaste. You will have enough time to do everything. Indira Gandhi Airport in New Delhi is now a new and confortable airport. In 2009 India has opened the new airport and now a transit there is really easier than before.

Have a nice journey

Rongpuk

Mentioned in this post
New Delhi
New Delhi
National Capital Territory of Delhi, India
Pokhara
Level Contributor
892 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transit from Delhi airport to Kathmandu timescales?

Hi There I'm A Frequent Flyer With The Jet & Had Transit Many times From Delhi Airport , Maybe the Forums You Read Were Dated As Indira GandhiInternational Airport in Delhi Is Probably The Best Airport I hv Seen In My Travel Experience Far Faster & Even Better than Hithro Airport You Just Need 20-30 Min To Clam Your Bags & Transit If You Are Tired With The Journey From Europe you Will Find Lots Of Massage Chair in The Airport Also the Internet is Hi- Speed Loads Of Cafe Chains Like Starbucks Etc & Good Shopping Options too . Enjoy Your Nepal Vacation Regards Raja.

Poole, Dorset
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transit from Delhi airport to Kathmandu timescales?

Thanks very much for your replies, they have put my mind at rest!

london
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: transit from Delhi airport to Kathmandu timescales?

Hi Claire, i'm in the exact same situation, how was your experience and trip??

thanks in advance

Laura

5. Re: transit from Delhi airport to Kathmandu timescales?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 18, 2013