We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bhaktapur & Patan

London
12 posts
Save Topic
Bhaktapur & Patan

Is is possible to see Patan & Bhaktapur in the one day from Kathmandu? How much time would I need to see Bhaktapur leisurely. How much is there to see in Patan apart from sun temple? Any advice would be appreciated.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
209 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bhaktapur & Patan

Hi,

Normally it takes 2 hours for Patan and 3 hours for Bhaktapur, in the time you can see all the temples and durbar squire. People do Kathmandu Sightseeing incluiding Bhaktapur and Patan in a Day. Is up to you , how long do you want to spend in a place.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
402 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bhaktapur & Patan

Hi there,

That could be possible to see Bhaktapur & patan in one day.3 hours is pretty enough to see Bhaktapur & 2 hrs to see patan as prineo said but people simply can spend a day in khaktapur.Bhaktapur is 40 munites drive from Kathmandu & patan is 20 munites by private car.

enjoy your trip.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
323 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bhaktapur & Patan

It looks like you need to have a look at Zoom-able Map of Kathmandu nationsonline.org/oneworld/map/google_map_Ka…

Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bhaktapur & Patan

It's possible, but I'd recommend staying overnight in Bhaktapur. Once the day-trippers have gone the central area has a magical atmosphere

Pokhara
Level Contributor
892 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bhaktapur & Patan

Hi There Bhaktapur/Patan is about 30 Min from Kathmandu both are in less than 20 kilometers Distance so if you have Half Day you can include both the Places

If time Permits i Highly Recommend you to stay over Night in Bhaktapur which is historic & Heritage Of The world & really a Beautiful Place to Spent a Night

as Most of The Lodges are beside the temple .

Kind Regards

Hotel Glacier Pokhara.

Edited: 8:25 am, July 06, 2011
Kathmandu
Level Contributor
928 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bhaktapur & Patan

It possible and as Alanyeti says I would recommend you to spend a night in Bhaktapur too. You can visit Patan first then drive to Bhaktapur for overnight stay. Cleaner than Kathmandu and quiet than Kathmandu in all aspects!

London
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bhaktapur & Patan

Thanks a lot for your replies. Staying at Bhaktapur sounds good, would try to stay there. Thanks again.

London
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bhaktapur & Patan

Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Bhaktapur? All I am looking for is a clean hotel.

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
928 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bhaktapur & Patan

Here are some guest houses:

01, Planet Guest House or Planet Bhaktapur Hotel [Same Name]

02, Bhadgaon Guest House

03, Shiva Guest House

04, Khwopa Guest House

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
139 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bhaktapur & Patan

Sunny Guest House - tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g424934-d181289…