We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

touring kathmandu, pokhara, chitawan

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
touring kathmandu, pokhara, chitawan

Is it necessary to go for a package tour in a travel agency in touring nepal? if i have a nepalese friend, a real friend, will it be better to just go with him around without any package tour?

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
402 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: touring kathmandu, pokhara, chitawan

That would be better to go with travel agent & beloe tour in highly recomended.

Day 01:Arrivals In kathmandu

Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing(pashupai nath temple,Syambhu nath stupa,boudha nath stupa & kathmandu durbure square.

Day03: Mt Everest experience flight,sightseeing in Bhaktapur,patan & drive to nagarkot for over night.

Day 04: drive to Chitwan National park.

Day 05:Full day jungle activities.

Day 06:Drive to pokhara.

Day 07:Drive to sarangkot for sunrise & sightseeing in pokhara valley .

Day 08 drive back to kathmandu.

Day 09:departures to your home.

Enjoy your Nepal trip.

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: touring kathmandu, pokhara, chitawan

Hi,

Its really good questions,

It depends on your choice either with travel agents or by individual.

After that you'll have Nepalese friend,so definitely can go with him but depends how he is experience about travel plan.

Any way,happy travels!!

Kathmandu, Nepal
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: touring kathmandu, pokhara, chitawan

Get a guide book to prioritise where you want to go and then get him to take you around

Pokhara
Level Contributor
892 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: touring kathmandu, pokhara, chitawan

Hi There /

If You Have a Local Friend im sure He/she can be a Best Ambassador so you do not need to be worry let Him Handle every thing , it will be more personal & comfortable traveling with a Person you know Well. that what i do when i travel

My self to the overseas i rather not to buy Package & follow the Local friends

which has more potential to have more than Just a Tourist .

Kind Regards

Hotel Glacier Pokhara .

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
928 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: touring kathmandu, pokhara, chitawan

Both options will work for you. If you want to do organized tour then you can arrange your tour with an agency. Or if you have a really close friend in Nepal then if you are looking to visit just places without any guides or without any organized tours then you can do on your own too.

If you are planning for a trekking or remote visit then a guide is highly recommended.

6. Re: touring kathmandu, pokhara, chitawan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, October 02, 2012