We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot air ballooning in Nepal

Bunbury, Western...
Level Contributor
604 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Hot air ballooning in Nepal

We were hoping to go for a balloon ride in Nepal but we have been told that it is not now operational. Does anyone know if this is correct please?

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
928 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot air ballooning in Nepal

As far as I know you have heard the right information. I haven't seen hot air ballooning in Nepal so far!

But long time ago I heard of starting of this activity, but no news these days about it!

Bunbury, Western...
Level Contributor
604 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot air ballooning in Nepal

According to various sites I've found on Google it still appears to be operational. I've sent emails to a couple of these web sites so I'll post back with the results.

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
928 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hot air ballooning in Nepal

I will be glad to know the latest information about that service! Please let me know about the current situation of the program in Nepal!

Crete
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hot air ballooning in Nepal

I read on a Nepalese site that it is only in operation from October till April.

Bunbury, Western...
Level Contributor
604 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hot air ballooning in Nepal

I haven't heard back yet from the two places I emailed about this. A soon as I hear either way I'll post again.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
323 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hot air ballooning in Nepal

I guess you won't hear back from them, because I have tried to reach their mobile but are switched off..may be are closed. Why don't you go for Paragliding!

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
139 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hot air ballooning in Nepal

Hot air balloning was in Kathmandu valley, were closed now!

Bunbury, Western...
Level Contributor
604 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hot air ballooning in Nepal

Thank you. No ballooning for us then. What a pity.

9. Re: Hot air ballooning in Nepal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, October 30, 2012