We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Danger in Kathmandu?

Virginia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Danger in Kathmandu?

Hello everyone! I'm going to India in a couple of weeks and wanted to take the advantage of going to Nepal. When researching a US Gov't site came up about the danger going on currently in Nepal. Does any one know how accurate this is? I'm a 29 year old male traveling there alone.

thanks!

nepal
Level Contributor
51 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Danger in Kathmandu?

Coming to Nepal should be fine and just as safe as India. Tourists are not a target and tourist areas are generally safe.

There has been violence in more rural areas, but the areas you are likely to travel in should be ok.

Virginia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Danger in Kathmandu?

Everyone! thank you so much for the postings... After much thought, I'm putting Nepal on my itinerary! Unfortunately I won't have time to go trekking but I will enjoy seeing the Himalayas from afar.

thanks!

Belfast, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Danger in Kathmandu?

That would be your government's efforts to cover their back-side with relation to citizen protection information, Any sign of political friction anywhere in the world and they respond with a knee-jerk reaction, immediately isolate a country and declare it a war zone without considering the impact it has on the ordinary people and communities in that country.

Either that or they go in, gung-ho fashion, all guns blazing to 'Sort the problem out once and for all'. But I "done guess they don't got no oil in Nepal boy" or you'd be shipped out there double time with the US Army and would be enjoying an extended stay.

Go to Nepal and enjoy the country and its people,

If you listened to everything your government said and took their advice without question (and this applies to any government) your life would be less enriched.

Go out and get a life!

14. Re: Danger in Kathmandu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 09, 2011