We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear for a 5 day wedding in January

Sydney
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
What to wear for a 5 day wedding in January

What suggestions please for 5 days of wedding celebration? As a female travelling light, should I have a different dress/sari for each day, and would pants be acceptable? Any hints regarding traditions would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
928 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to wear for a 5 day wedding in January

Hi there,

I recommend you to get 2 different sarees for the whole wedding. On the main wedding day you can use one and on the party day you can use another one. I think that is better way for you. And, normally red color sarees are more better but there are not any restrictions for using other colors too.

Yeah, pants and shirts are acceptable too. It won't be any problem for you. And if you are unmarried Kurta Salwar will be another idea to replace sarees.

If you need more information please post here.

Regards,

Upendra

Sydney
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to wear for a 5 day wedding in January

Thanks Upendra, makes my decision simple. I'm really looking forward to an amazing experience.

NpjBnk
Level Contributor
287 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to wear for a 5 day wedding in January

Hi

Namste

There is no any dress code for wedding however it should be decent. You can wear an embroidered sari of colours like red, pink, peach, green etc for main day of wedding i-e, during rituals. before the main rituals day you can wear a bit gowdy kurta suruwal, On the wedding party (if in evening) you can use evening gown or one piece frock like party dress.

If you want to wear something of nepali taste you can wear ethnic dress also which will keep you different from the crowds which may make you the center of attraction also.

Hope this may help you

Thank you

4. Re: What to wear for a 5 day wedding in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 03, 2011