We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know the Royal Singi Hotel ?

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
333 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone know the Royal Singi Hotel ?

Anyone know of the Royal Singi Hotel in Kathmandu ?

Is it a nice hotel ? Near the centre of town ?

Thank you in advance

saltash
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone know the Royal Singi Hotel ?

Hi,

I stayed at the Royal Singhi in 2001. The hotel is just off Durbar Marg and is one of the better hotels in Kathmandu. There is a nice restaurant and also a coffee shop. There was also a very good Chinese restaurant on the top floor. The hotel is fairly central and a short taxi ride will take you into Thamel or to the airport.

Rooms were spacious with a shower/bath that did its best top provide hot water.

Staff were excellent and very courteous.

Cheers,

Steve Garrett (Cornwall)

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
333 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone know the Royal Singi Hotel ?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I have booked the hotel, so am now looking forward to it rather than nervous

Cheers and Happy new year

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone know the Royal Singi Hotel ?

Hi

I stayed there too about the same time as the other poster and would echo their comments - there is nothing to be nervous about - it is modern and good quality.

It is also quite handy for walking to Thamel as well.

My only criticism was that the hotel telephone system is best avoided - it was extremely expensive and charged by the minute even if you were only on for 10 seconds - but then probably mobile phones work there now!

I am jealous of you, I would love to go back to Kathmandu!

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
333 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone know the Royal Singi Hotel ?

Thanks for taking the time to post, they have been very helpful whilst booking through email etc, but it is always nice to know someone has stayed there before. There were no reviews to go by.

Cheers

NYC
Level Contributor
95 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone know the Royal Singi Hotel ?

Hi Alison- I've never stayed at the Singi but have visited the Chinese restaurant on it's top floor several times. It's a nice looking establishment with a well taken care of, clean and pretty lobby. Haven't seen the rooms though. The location is great - walking distance to bustling Thamel, but it's in the King's Way area (ie near Royal Palace) so a quieter area. It's easy to walk from there to Ratna Park, New Road etc.

Do try the Chinese restaurant though! It's nothing too fancy, but the food is exceptional. The chinese food in Ktm is usually quite good (atleast compared to what you get say in the US) and I loved it best at Singi :)

Hope this was useful and hope you have a wonderful trip to Kathmandu!