We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

proper dress for nepalise wedding in kathmandu july......

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
proper dress for nepalise wedding in kathmandu july......

will be visiting from Canada to Nepal for a wedding. What kind of clothing should I bring for the trip generally and for the wedding. Thanks.

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: proper dress for nepalise wedding in kathmandu july......

Hi, it now looks like we are invited to just the 'temple' ceremony.

Should I just wear a nice sundress from home, conservative length/arms covered? or maybe go out if I have time upon arrival in kathmandu and buy something a nepalise native would wear? thanks

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
239 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: proper dress for nepalise wedding in kathmandu july......

Well, there is no formal dress code for attending weeding ceremony in Hindu (I guess) culture. You can wear what you have if you have no time or no interest to arrange Nepalese costumes (Saree, Blouse, ornaments, cosmetics). Wearing or not wearing the Nepalese costumes is your personal interest. I personally believe you would not be obliged to wear to attend the ceremony.

If you are bonded by the dress code, this might not be the true Hindu weeding in my knowledge.

Hope you got some idea & post for further discussion.

Thanks,

Toronto
Level Contributor
50 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: proper dress for nepalise wedding in kathmandu july......

Wearing a long dress (sleeveless) as it will be hot during the day and wrapping yourself with a light scarf would be appropriate. Hope that helps.

14. Re: proper dress for nepalise wedding in kathmandu july......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 29, 2010