We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a flat in Kathmandu?Is it possiable?

London
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Renting a flat in Kathmandu?Is it possiable?

Im thinking of renting a flat from September/october through March 2011

Is it possible?What sort of accommodation is available?At what sort of cost?Is there any risk involved with extra charges for utilities guarantees?

Where dose one start looking?

Any advice please

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
239 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting a flat in Kathmandu?Is it possiable?

Hello,

There are several flats & rental available in Kathmandu. The cost is varies as per location, space, amenities and the duration you required. Check some of them and compare as per your requirement.

Log on: http://www.kathmandurentals.com/

www.kathmandubedandbreakfast.com/

http://www.kathmanduhomesearch.com/

www.nepalbedandbreakfast.com/

www.shaligram.com.np/

sublet.com/area_rentals/southeastasia-nepal/…

Hope it may help you...

Cheers !

London
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting a flat in Kathmandu?Is it possiable?

Ive looked through very interesting,Im sure?The prices are in local currency?Or would a small bungalow cost £$€750000 per month or indian rupee chinees ???????

On the other hand another asks "550 PM" "1200 PM" or "100 to 300 PW"£$€????Or local???

I guess ill have to contact them to find out

Thanks for the links

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
239 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting a flat in Kathmandu?Is it possiable?

Hi Travler042,

All these prices are on Nepalese Rupees (1 US$ = NPR 71. approx) at the moment. Otherwise they mention USD. Ask for some discount; I guess you can get on good price.

Send me a Private message for better deal.

Thank you...

London
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting a flat in Kathmandu?Is it possiable?

thanks for that im looking for info now but have time

I have to go tonight to France where internet is almost impossible to find even in many homes!! Most of Europe is very backward regarding internet as the politicians are afraid of it!!!

I hope open wifi will be easy to find in Nepal today? that will be my next question

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
239 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renting a flat in Kathmandu?Is it possiable?

Hello,

Internet connectivity is very common in the cities like Kathmandu these days. You can find open internet access in some common places in Kathmandu or you can take private connection as your own wish.

Hope it will be helpful,

Thank you...

London
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Renting a flat in Kathmandu?Is it possiable?

Thats very helpful,i hope ill find a pleasant cafe to enjoy the atmosphere watching the daily life going about its normal ways or check my email with tea from time to time

Kathmandu
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Renting a flat in Kathmandu?Is it possiable?

It is easy to renting in Kathmandu and all over Nepal, we kindly request to visit www.nepalhomesearch.com where thousands of apartments, homes, furnished apartments, furnished homes, land for sale, home for sale are listed.

web site: www.nepalhomesearch.com

Skype / Email: info@nepalhomesearch.com

Prakash Subba

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
81 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Renting a flat in Kathmandu?Is it possiable?

One of the best places used before by some British volunteers has been Thamel Apartments... its conveniently located and is around 700 USD for a month in rentals... its fully furnished studio style apartments, with wifi, water, electricity etc... there is some tax to be paid and I guess some other small fees, but all in all, they were extremely satisfied.

PM if you need further help with this!

9. Re: Renting a flat in Kathmandu?Is it possiable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:27 am, October 28, 2010