We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which rafting trip: Trisuli or to Chitwan?

Which Kathmandu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, New York
Level Contributor
291 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
which rafting trip: Trisuli or to Chitwan?

Hi everyone,

I'm coming to Nepal in 6 weeks and am very excited. Haven't planned much since it seems we can do it there, but I'm trying to get an idea of things to do.

I'm thinking of doing a rafting trip but may be a little tight on time so I'm trying to fit one from Kathmandu to Chitwan National Park instead of doing a 2 day trip on the Trisuli. Is this a good idea? How is the rafting to Chitwan-good or bad? Better on the Trisuli?

Please help.

Thanks.

NpjBnk
Level Contributor
287 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which rafting trip: Trisuli or to Chitwan?

Hi

Namaste

Welcome to Nepal. Rafting is one of many attractions in nepal. I think you want to do rafting and jungle safari as well but don't ahve much time. So, I thnik it is better to choose itinerary in such a way that can cover both things. 2 nights/3days trishuli raft with chitwan safari or 3nights/4days trishuli camp rafting with chitwan safari seems suitable for you.

You can log on itournepal.com/tours/…trishulirafting

www.raftnepal.com/short_rafting_trip.htm, www.nepal-safari.com/special_package.php

Or you can choose package that covers kathmandu and Pokhara sightseeing along with rafting in trishuli and chitawan safari.

Hope it may be useful to you

Thank you

Edited: 12:46 am, March 08, 2010
Kathmandu
Level Contributor
239 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which rafting trip: Trisuli or to Chitwan?

Hi NY,

There is so many things to do in Nepal including Rafting & Chitwan Safari. Rafting over Trishuli River is exciting experience in lifetime with good rapids, adequete water in the river, Riverside highway, natural atmosphire, countryside experience, flora & fauna. Driving staright to Chitwan you would defineately miss the challenge of Popular River. So doing a day Rafting over Trishuli River and continue the Wildlife safari is the best prescirbed program.

Hope it would be useful to you...

Cheers !

Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which rafting trip: Trisuli or to Chitwan?

A two day / one night trip on the Trisuli is well worth it (though if you can spare an extra day it's worth considering a three day / 2 night trip on the kali Gandaki. The Trisuli is good, though the proximity of the road running along the valley slightly impacts on the trip. The Kali Gandaki valley has a far more remote feel to it)

Edited: 4:57 am, March 08, 2010
New York, New York
Level Contributor
291 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which rafting trip: Trisuli or to Chitwan?

Thanks everyone. I think that I will do the 2 day trip up trisuli.

5. Re: which rafting trip: Trisuli or to Chitwan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 08, 2010