We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Bhaktapur from Kathmandu

Which Kathmandu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
63 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Bhaktapur from Kathmandu

Hi

We are visiting Kathmandu in May and have 1 free day - we would like to go to Bhaktapur. How easy are the buses to catch? Where do they do from and what destination do they have on the front?

Failing that, does anybody know any tour companies that can organise group day trips?

Regards

Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Bhaktapur from Kathmandu

It's also not ludicrously expensive to go by taxi. Our agent organised a guide and minibus for us (party of 6) for a day visit in November. If you want to send me a Private Message I can give you details

Edited: 11:40 am, January 11, 2010
NpjBnk
Level Contributor
287 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Bhaktapur from Kathmandu

Hi

Namaste

Nice to know about your Nepal visit in May.

1day Bhaktapur tour may not be enough because Bhaktapur is a district which comprises beautiful places like Nagarkot etc but as you have only one day remains so there is no other option.

You can get many buses(in every 15-20 minutes) to Bhaktapur from baghbazar near ratnapark kathmandu. These are local buses and sometimes a bit crowdy but much cheaper(NPR 20pp).

However, you can hire a taxi that is much much more times costly (NPR 800-1000). For one day tour I don't think it is wise to use any tour company.

You can get many freelancer guides at Bhaktapur durbar square( some of them are teenagers too) who can tell you all about D.S.

Doing a tour yourself is also an experience, Getting everything done sometimes doesn't give such experience so I suggest you to do it yourself rather seeking for any tour compay rest is your decision.

Thank you

MaineUSA
Level Contributor
825 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Bhaktapur from Kathmandu

Following up on Alan's suggestion, when we had a day to kill before our flight to Lhasa, we did a day tour that included both Bhaktapur and Nargahot. We used the guide that was setting up our Tibet trip but Alan can give you other options or I'm sure that your hotel can set it up.

fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Bhaktapur from Kathmandu

alanyeti- i would be interested in hearing about your trip arrangement

i will be in kathmandu in early march, and would like to hire a driver/guide to go to patan, bhaktapur and changu narayan

i'm wondering how to arrange this, how much it will cost and how much time i should allot for this trip. there will be 2 of us

thanks very much.

5. Re: Day trip to Bhaktapur from Kathmandu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, July 27, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Kathmandu