We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trek to Everest Base Camp

Which Kathmandu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kildare
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Trek to Everest Base Camp

I am planning to do the trek to Everest Base camp in October and I was wondering if anyone has done the trek with Tiger Mountain/Mountain Travel Nepal or have any information on this company.

Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
2,330 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trek to Everest Base Camp

They've been around for more than 40 years, having been founded in 1964 as the probably first trekking company, by Jimmy Roberts, an officer with the Ghurkas and incidentally deputy leader of one of Bonnington's expeditions, general pioneer of travel in Nepal etc. I've never used the company, but they enjoy a good reputation, and after 40 years you can expect they've got it right by now !

Their brochure quotes prices in US$, and notice that there is with each trip an additional charge quoted for local transport, taxes, National Park fees etc.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
48 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trek to Everest Base Camp

Nepal is such a beautiful place. It’s just like heaven. It is also wonderful for trekking and other adventurous activities. So don’t miss it.

3. Re: Trek to Everest Base Camp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 17, 2010