We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nepal law and currency

UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nepal law and currency

Hello everyone

I am planning to work in Nepal (Kathmandu region) in July 2009 for a few months.

At present I am living in China and have a few questions to ask about currency.

How much money can I bring into Nepal? Are there restrictions?

Can I bring Chinese CNY currency and convert into Nepalese Rupees or is it better to have GBP or USD.

Are ATM's machines available?

Any advice would be appreciated and I hope to hear from anyone soon.

Shand

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nepal law and currency

Shand,

Here is not any restrictions of CNY,either you can bring chinese currency,GBP,USD or credit cards.

You can find any where around Kathmandu ATM Machine.

Good luck

nepal
Level Contributor
51 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nepal law and currency

There are no restrictions on currency, but ATMS and banks are plentiful in Kathmandu. i would advise you to bring a small amount of your own or USD currency in, then withdraw what you need from ATM when you get here - this would be wiser than carrying around large amounts of cash in KTM - there have been problems with foreigners being robbed of large cash amounts or mugged

3. Re: Nepal law and currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, September 24, 2009