We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NEPAL Everest Panorama OR Annapurna Panorama??

Which Kathmandu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
NEPAL Everest Panorama OR Annapurna Panorama??

Hello,

I am wanting to go to either of these over Christmas/New Year this year and wonder if anyone can pass comment on the following:

- Which trek do you think superior for scenery changes, full village experience etc. Also what fitness level do you really require? I am fit, but not super mountain fit [whatever that is] and thus wouldn't want to be holding anyone back.

- Has anyone used Sherpa Expeditions before? Are they any good - or can you recommend a better company? I am a single female traveling solo so need someone reputable.

- Has anyone done the rafting and Chitwan park- any good or am I as well just touring round Nepal instead?

-And FINALLY, typical British question - are the tents/teahouses REALLY clatty?

Think that's it!

CHEERS!

kathmandu
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: NEPAL Everest Panorama OR Annapurna Panorama??

yes pretty much learning some nepali words before you actully want to mix up with the local village wil be really wonderful...and ofcourse annapurna is much more cheaper and beutiful and lot more better then mounteverest..i know some people who have gone to namche bazaar or everest base camp and not even seen mounteverest and morever if you choose annapurna you wilbe seeing like a 50% nepal you can drive to pkr and things thts totally nice..but everest is for thoes who want to go to top and get a british flag there...so pretty much from my knowladge of annapurna and understanding of everest being a nepali i will suggest you to annapurna ....

kathmandu
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: NEPAL Everest Panorama OR Annapurna Panorama??

and just imaging takign a raft to chitwan to the wild and taking a bus to pkr from chitwan....wouldnt that be like...assum ..first water, then forest and then big big mountains....tht will be liek great christmas holiday..cause chitwan and pkr ..they kind of like liees in the same way where the rafting and all things goes

13. Re: NEPAL Everest Panorama OR Annapurna Panorama??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, October 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kathmandu