We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide Needed: Kathmandu Valley

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
873 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Guide Needed: Kathmandu Valley

Please send me a private message if you are interested in serving as my guide in the Kathmandu Valley this April.

I plan to spend about 5 days in the area mid-April.

My interests would be:

one or two days touring the city itself.

two or three days where we'd hike about 8-12 miles, maybe from town to town, getting a ride back to my hotel for the night.

Finding satisfactory lodging, perhaps 2-3 nights in the city, the others outside of the city.

A flight to see Mt. Everest.

I am coming from the USA.

If you are interested, I invite you to tell me about your expertise and knowledge.

Thank you in advance.

netherlands
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide Needed: Kathmandu Valley

Hello;

Just outside kathmandu there are plenty of nice places to be seen.

Eventually you might use a mountainbike.

After the sightseeing you might;

Think about;

Kathmandu - Thimi - Bakhtapur - Nagarkot - Namo Buddha and Panauti, combinations are possible as they lay close to eachother in the valley.

Staying in lodges / hotels can be on your route.

I have been 4 times in Nepal, married a Nepali , we live in the Netherlands.

In case you need more info's, just drop me a line,

grtz,

Frank.

Halifax, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide Needed: Kathmandu Valley

I am by far not a resident of Kathmandu or a guide but am looking for similar things during my trip around April 3rd. Let me know what you find out.

3. Re: Guide Needed: Kathmandu Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:35 am, March 23, 2008
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
57 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guide Needed: Kathmandu Valley

I just did something exactly like this last weekend. As I'm currently working in India, it made for an easy 5 day trip. Arrived early into Kathmandu(KTM) on a Thursday morning, did 1.5 days of sightseeing in the city including an Everest flyover. Departed KTM in a car to a nearby temple outside of KTM and then hiked for 4 hours to Nargarkot for a great night at a hotel there. Then hiked 5 hours to Dhulikhel for a good night there. The next morning caught a taxi back to KTM for my flight back to India. Everything was arranged by my guide and I would definitely recommend him.

Send me a private message and I can provide you with my guides contact info.

V.P.

MaineUSA
Level Contributor
830 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guide Needed: Kathmandu Valley

AA Jet:

Having been to the Kathmandu area a couple of times, Viva Pamplona's schedule looks really good. We did the Everest fly by and really enjoyed the walks in the country. We visited all of the places Viva did. Most important, he has had an excellent experience with a guide. We liked the one we had on our first trip so much that we used him to set up the second. On a short trip, a good guide makes all the difference.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
873 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guide Needed: Kathmandu Valley

Thank you Viva, Blue and others, including those who have corresponded via Private Message.

As of this morning I have made a decision (pending final confirmation) to select as my guide one that was recommended thanks to the contributors to Trip Advisor.

Also, thank you for your suggestions. Sounds like we should have a great time, see beautiful and historic sites, and get some serious hiking in!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
873 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Guide Needed: Kathmandu Valley

I am back from my trip and was very pleased with the company I selected as a guide.

What a great country. I will be returning!!!

Visited Pokhara, Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, Sarangkot, Patan, Dhulikhel.

Next time...the Annapurna!!!

8. Re: Guide Needed: Kathmandu Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, September 24, 2009