We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa on arrival new facilities at KTM airport

Mouans-Sartoux...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
7 helpful votes
Visa on arrival new facilities at KTM airport

Hi everyone,

Just for those who want to travel to Nepal by Air (to KTM airport):

1- you can now apply in advance for Nepali visa online, fill-up the form, add your picture and print the page, show it on arrival, pay and receive your visa. as simple as that! http://online.nepalimmigration.gov.np/

2- If you don't have access to internet before your departure, don't worry... there are new machines installed at the airport before passport check, where you can fill-up the forms electronically, add your photo using the web-cam to your forms. Then you can submit your forms, machine will give you a receipt and with that you will go and take your visa from the desk.

3- Therefore there is no need of printed photo like before, although there is still a photo machine available at the airport.

4- You can pay your visa by dollar or euro or other currencies which I don't know.

cheers,

119 replies to this topic
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
321 posts
37 reviews
39 helpful votes
1. Re: Visa on arrival new facilities at KTM airport

My husband and I just did the on-line visa process last night. One snag we ran into was that the system required you to enter an exact address where you are staying in Nepal - including street name and ward number. Just putting in the name of the hotel and Thamel was not sufficient (even though the only address that showed for our hotel, the Ambassador Garden Home, was Thamel). Also, the confirmation form that my husband printed out said to bring the original visa page with you. Is that the print out? We filled out a hard copy of the visa form as well just in case we run into issues at the airport when we arrive on Tuesday.

Edited: 11:36 am, October 30, 2014
France
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
78 reviews
91 helpful votes
2. Re: Visa on arrival new facilities at KTM airport

Hello Behzad D,

Thanks for confirming the online visa application. There were posts in the past regarding the availability of this thing so it was hard for us to give exact information. Thanks for posting here.

Cheers!

Bristol
Level Contributor
4 posts
47 reviews
34 helpful votes
3. Re: Visa on arrival new facilities at KTM airport

That is such a relief. In Varanasi t the moment with 2 days before our flight to Kathmandu and was panicking about getting photos, money etc. Is it advisable for me to get some USD here? Or will there be an ATM before we pick up the visa?

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
15,639 posts
56 reviews
39 helpful votes
4. Re: Visa on arrival new facilities at KTM airport

Hi

I can't remember where the first ATM is but if there is one before immigration control it will not issue dollars so I would get some in India. It's also possible to pay in GBP if you have some.

scoodly

turkey
Level Contributor
376 posts
62 reviews
49 helpful votes
5. Re: Visa on arrival new facilities at KTM airport

ok can you just confirm what you mean by electronically filling in the form before immigration ?? sounds lengthy and complicated at an airport !

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
15,639 posts
56 reviews
39 helpful votes
6. Re: Visa on arrival new facilities at KTM airport

It means filling out this form:

online.nepalimmigration.gov.np/tourist-visa

The link in the original post is to a marriage visa (which will take a little more advanced preparation), It is lengthy and requires quit a lot of detail (full adress of the hotel for example). There could be a queue for the machines too. Completing the online application in advance makes sense. I would also suggest completing the paper application form as a back up in case of technical failure:

www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/download/app1.pdf

The paper application form is still accepted for now.

scoodly

Edited: 3:57 am, October 31, 2014
Chania, Greece
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
7. Re: Visa on arrival new facilities at KTM airport

That online application has so many required fields that have to be filled exactly a certain way that it would probably take longer getting the form validated than it takes me to queue at immigration :-)

Maple Grove...
Level Contributor
29 posts
41 reviews
18 helpful votes
8. Re: Visa on arrival new facilities at KTM airport

I used the machine on arrival on October 7th - There were a few people there to help with the process and it took about 2 minutes and adding your email address. I had an email before I was able to clear the line.

That said, it saves having to worry about bringing photos but you are still stuck in the line so there really is no time savings at all. At least 30-45 minutes to process visa/pay.

Also the people who are there to help through the computer process are clearly looking for a tip post process. Just a heads up.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
161 posts
5 reviews
9 helpful votes
9. Re: Visa on arrival new facilities at KTM airport

I just went to the link for the Nepal visa and it says something to the effect of a picture that can be uploaded to their system. So is this like a memory card for your camera that you should have the pic on to upload to their system or a regular "hard" photo will work??

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
161 posts
5 reviews
9 helpful votes
10. Re: Visa on arrival new facilities at KTM airport

Why would you need to get an email??

Reply to: Visa on arrival new facilities at KTM airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted