We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guides

Perth
Level Contributor
26 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Guides

Hi, just the usual same old, same old question about recommendations for guides and porters for the Everest and Annapurna treks, I'd just like the most recent recommendations someone could offer. My sister and I were looking for a private trek as we don't want to travel in a large group. If someone could help us with setting this trip up it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers peeps.

Perth
Level Contributor
26 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Guides

Great work people, thanks heaps. I reckon I'm loaded with great recommendations from you all. Already in talks with several guides and operators. Flying. Here we go...................................

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Guides

I went to Nepal for most of April 2013, just got back yesterday. I used itrek Nepal for everything, 2 treks (ABC and Lang Tang) as well as activities and other transfers. My trek guide's name is Dev Kumar, we became friends along the way. It wasnt until I saw other, really bad guides that I realised how good Dev is. He has been trekking for 15 years and knows the exact height of every major mountain and who has climbed it, knows what to eat and what dangers to avoid. He knew someone personally at nearly every town and guesthouse we passed.

When i got sick in lang tang he carried my daypack and steadied my step at every moment. When I slipped he caught me before i hit the ground.

Highly recommend him to any serious trekkers, or anyone with a good sense of humour as well.

Gosford, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Guides

I can recommend using a local operator with good reports in Trip Advisor. We went with Kalu from Nepal Azimuth Treks. Very impressed with his attitude towards customers and his workers. I can recommend hiring a porter for each trekker and spend time walking with your porters. Your trip will be enhanced by close interaction and the insights of locals. They see everything!!!

Please Please don’t go with a international operator. Most of the porters we saw carrying atrocious, cruel, heavy loads had international company websites displayed on their gear.

14. Re: Guides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 30, 2014