We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in 3 weeks in nepal

brisbane
Level Contributor
86 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in 3 weeks in nepal

I'm trying to put together an itinerary for a trip to nepal. I will be spending around two weeks initially in nepal for some volutneer work.

I then have around 3 more weeks to spend in nepal before moving onto bhutan. I'd like to do a 5-7 day trek somewhere scenic. What do you recommend doing in the other 2 weeks?

Cumbria
Level Contributor
5,396 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in 3 weeks in nepal

3 weeks is a good timeframe to see Nepal and will give you a chance to sample a fair variety of what Nepal has to offer.

First of all your Trek – Maybe one of the derivatives of The Poon Hill Trek will suit you as this is widely regarded as the best short trek in Nepal

Then in Pokhara there is lots to do including

1) Paragliding

2) Micro-Light flight

3) Devi Falls and Gupteshwor Mahadev cave

4) Walk to the Peace Pagoda and then return to lakeside by boat over Fewa Tal

5) Visit The Tibetan Refugee camp

6) Sunrise at Sarangkot

Then maybe a trip to Chitwan

Chitwan is an excellent place to wind down and see a few animals post trek - Usually a package that includes transportation from either Kathmandu or Pokhara by Tourist Bus and Includes accommodation with Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner as well as All your activities (National Park Entrance fee, Elephant Ride, Dug Out Canoe Trip, Jungle Walk, .Cultural Show, Bird watching / Village Walk etc) start at around $30 per person per day in a Budget Resort. You will easily arrange a package once you arrive in Pokhara and there is no need to book anything in advance as you will always get a better deal with an agent when dealing face to face

My Own favourite for Sauraha is Tiger Residency http://www.tigerresidency.com/packages.php

This is a little more expensive but the accommodation and the food are well above average and the guide, Laxman is simply superb, he can recognise all the birds by sight, silhouette and bird call and knows their names in English, Latin and Nepali –

I have steered quite a few people to Tiger Residency over the years and have had a lot of Good feedback !!

Finally Back to Kathmandu to see the sites there including

1) Buddha Air Mountain Flight

2) Bodnath

3) Visit Kopan Monastery

4) Pashupatinath

5) Swayambhunath

6) Full day in Bhaktapur

7) Durbar Square Kathmandu and Patan

8) Day trip to Nagarkot and overnight – With luck spectacular sunrise

You could also fit in places lie Bandipur and the cable-car to Manakamana Temple, also maybe some rafting too – Nepal has a lot to offer and I am sure you will end up having more than one trip there ;-)

Happy Travels

Rob

Mentioned in this post
Bandipur
Bandipur
Chamarajanagar District, India
2. Re: What to do in 3 weeks in nepal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:34 am, January 21, 2013
Kathmandu,Nepal
Level Contributor
473 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in 3 weeks in nepal

Hi there,

could you please specified the dates visiting to Nepal & Bhutan?

Guide

brisbane
Level Contributor
86 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in 3 weeks in nepal

why do you want to know the dates?

The 3 weeks will be around the first week of may to the start of june.

Kathmandu,Nepal
Level Contributor
473 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in 3 weeks in nepal

Ok, I supposed, the season play the role that where to visit . This is why i asked to you the time...., hope rest poster will provide better autosuggestion for June....

Good luck!

Guide

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
12,757 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do in 3 weeks in nepal

Hi

Poon Hill treks are popular and a 7 day possibilty is Langtang which gets you closer to the mountains but involves a couple of long road journeys. There is an itinerary top right and maybe google for blogs and trip reports.

Enjoy the trip.

scoodly

brisbane
Level Contributor
86 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do in 3 weeks in nepal

sorry, if that last post sounded abrupt... it's just that there seem to be a lot of touts who are trying to advertise their services, rather than provide genuine advice.

8. Re: What to do in 3 weeks in nepal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:02 am, February 08, 2013
Cumbria
Level Contributor
5,396 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do in 3 weeks in nepal

As you are travelling in late may and June then Chitwan might not be the best place to visit (As I posted in my original reply) as it will be getting Very Hot and Very Humid there – But the rest of my “Advice” is still good to go ;-)

You might also find this link useful

members.virtualtourist.com/m/50192/6ec/4/

Where i have written up a few more ideas on Things to Do in Nepal ;-)

Good Luck and Happy Safe Travels

Rob

Edited: 5:31 am, January 17, 2013
brisbane
Level Contributor
86 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to do in 3 weeks in nepal

Thanks for your advice rob... I can accross your site in another post and have saved it into my favourites for further reading.

I a bit dissappointed that you don't recommend chitwan in the period we are there... it actually sounded quite interesting and somewhere I'd like to visit.