We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Everest (Short Trip)

Shanghai, China
1 post
Save Topic
Everest (Short Trip)

I will only be in Nepal for 10 days but want to get a taste of many things.

Are there any options to seeing Everest for 3-5 days. I noticed all the trips are very long.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Everest (Short Trip)

Check out this suggestion about what to do in a 7 days trip:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293889-c182391/Nepal…

You could build in just a Mountain flight or maybe a short trek from Lukla:

* Flight to Lukla and trek to Phakding

* Phakding to Namchebazzar

* Rest day for acclimatization

* Namche to Syangboche, great viewpoint for Mount Everest. Back to Namche

* Namche to Lukla

* Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu

There are many other great trekking areas, where you will get fantastic wievs too, where it will be easier to make a short trek.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tibet, Montagna e sport invernali, Milan, Nepal, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Ladakh, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
7,746 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Everest (Short Trip)

Lisbeth suggest you a good idea to do a short trek from Lukla to Namche.

If you have few days this is the only way you have to trek close to the top of the world.

Maybe it'll be little expensive, but it'll be good value for money ;-)

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Everest (Short Trip)

I think you are trekking only until Tengboche or Syanboche then you may not need to take acclimatization day in Namche Bazaar. Another option can be taking mountain flight to Everest as Lisbeth suggested on her previous post. You can easily see Everest like:

Day 01: Fly to Lukla, trek to Phakding

Day 02: Trek to Namche Bazaar

Day 03: Hike to Syanboche Airport for viewing Everest [Alternatively, if you hike just to the top of Namche Bazaar, you will have beautiful views of Everest], back to Namche Bazaar

Day 04: Trek back to Lukla

Day 05: Fly to Kathmandu

All the best for your trip!

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Everest (Short Trip)

Rhythm D

I wasn't/aint sure about the acclimatzation day...it is a approx. 850 m climb from Phakding to Namche Bazaar.

But let's hear some opinions :-)

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tibet, Montagna e sport invernali, Milan, Nepal, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Ladakh, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
7,746 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Everest (Short Trip)

It's depend on how you feel after the walk from phakding to Namche.

In my opinion Syangboche is close to Namche, so you don't need a day rest to go there, you can have a pleasant wanl and go back to namche in less than an half day. But Tengboche, even if it's not so high, it's a little too far, and I think it's better wait a day before going there.

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Everest (Short Trip)

he he he.....that's why I meant to say rongpuk. The maximum altitude you will gain is about 3700 - 3800 meters high and that's the highest you will gain. I think if you feel well in Namche Bazaar then you can continue to Syanboche, if you feel hard to breath or any signs of Altitude sickness then just take a rest day as Lisbeth mentioned on her first reply.

All the best!

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,746 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Everest (Short Trip)

Ya ;-) we are in agrrement ;-)

8. Re: Everest (Short Trip)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 14, 2013