We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a Culture Guide

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
117 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Need a Culture Guide

Assuming the best trekking guide is not necessarily the best Culture Guide, I’m looking for the person to help me experience Old Kathmandu’s people, places and events not in tour books – original or primitive practices that survived the Middle Ages, such as sacrifices and more.

--- Advice much appreciated.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
323 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a Culture Guide

I have seen you posting in a forum looking for a guide last time too. I guess it is bit difficult part for you, so I would suggest you to arrive Kathmandu first, then contact your hotel or nearest agency to find you a tour guide (not trekking guide). Discuss with the guide and ask him/her if he/she is capable to do so.

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
928 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a Culture Guide

Sightseeing guide is different than trekking guide. Legally, a trekking guide is not authorized to guide in sightseeing tours. If you already booked any trekking guide or your trip with an agency then you can simply contact them to arrange a guide for you. They will do it easily.

In my idea asking your trekking guide / agency to arrange sightseeing guide for you will be the best.

All the best, have a nice trip!

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
209 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a Culture Guide

I agree with first answer. There is not problem finding a Tour guide in Kathmandu. When you are in kathmandu contact with a agency to find a tour guide. have a good tour !!!

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
402 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a Culture Guide

Hi there,

There are heaps of travel & trekking company in Kathmandu & most of them arrange a city tour in Kathmandu with tour guide,No worries about it up on the arrivals you could arrange it or f you wish to book a tour guide in advance just simply contact any agent in kathmnandu for mre secure.Tour guides are brilient to explain about nature,culture & History not the trekking guide.

Enjoy your trip.

5. Re: Need a Culture Guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, October 06, 2012