We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hire car with driver from Kathmandu

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
314 reviews
Save Topic
Hire car with driver from Kathmandu

We plan to spend a few weeks in Nepal in February 2012. We would like to hire a car with driver to tour for 8 days to tour Chitwan - Lumbini - Pokhara. I would be grateful for suggestions of a reliable driver or company.

79 replies to this topic
Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
402 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hire car with driver from Kathmandu

Glad to hear that you are traveling to Nepal in the month of february in 2012 & want to see Kathmandu Valley,pokhara valley, Chitwan National park & lumbinini.There heaps of travel & trekking company in Nepal & most of them arrange tours . I suggest you to follow one of the travel expert from this forum who provides you the exact tour that meets on your interst,time frame & budget.According to your time I would recommend the below tour

Day 01:Arrivals In kathmandu

Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing(pashupai nath temple,Syambhu nath stupa,boudha nath stupa & kathmandu durbure square.

Day 03: Mt Everest experience flight,sightseeing in Bhaktapur,patan & drive to nagarkot for over night.

Day 04: Drive to Chitwan National park.

Day 05:Full day jungle activities.

Day 06:drive to Lumbini.

Day 07: Explore Lumbini

Day 08:Drive to pokhara.

Day 09:Drive to Phedi & hike to Dhampus for 3 hrs.

Day 10:September:Hike to sarangkot.

Day 11::Hike to khahare & drive to pokhara.

Day 12 :pokhara Valley sightseeing

Day 13:Drive back to Kathmandu.

Day 14:free day in kathmandu.

Day 15 Departures to your home.

If you need reliable tour operator from Kathmandu Nepal send me private message , I will send you a list.

Enjoy your Nepal trip

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
323 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hire car with driver from Kathmandu

I would suggest you to hire the car upon arrival in Kathmandu. You can get plenty of such agencies, specially as you are arriving Nepal in off peak time i.e February.

Kathmandu nepal
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hire car with driver from Kathmandu

The best my Suggestion, book your trip from your home with any of travel agency or trekking agency in Kathmandu. it will be good for you and no need to think and speak any broker after you arrive Nepal.

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
928 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hire car with driver from Kathmandu

As you are coming is less busy season, I would also recommend you to hire car once you arrive in Kathmandu. You may get competitive rates!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
696 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hire car with driver from Kathmandu

Hi, DaisyClover,

I am planning to do about 12-14 days in Nepal looping around the Valley starting from Kathmandu in December, 2011.

Have you had results or picked up any good ideas on getting a car with driver? I normally plan my own trips and make my reservations...the key is getting a good car and driver set up!

Thanks,

TravelJunkie 3PO

napal
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hire car with driver from Kathmandu

better book after your arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal.

Have good Trip

Edited: 12:21 am, October 21, 2011
San Francisco
Level Contributor
696 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hire car with driver from Kathmandu

It's a little difficult to make my plans without knowing I have a reliable car and driver ready to go when I hit town. I'm not comfortable making my hotel and plane reservations without having the car lined up ahead of time. ....so I ask around and eventually I've found pretty good arrangements ahead of time.

Usually I look up the taxi cab companies (the travel agencies are getting most of the cars from them) but I'm not finding a good listing for Kathmandu.

Pokhara
Level Contributor
892 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hire car with driver from Kathmandu

Hi There Are Number Of Good Cars & Driver In Nepal , if you Get Any Difficult to Find One Let Me Know I Can Help You Out. Best Wishes Regards Hotel Glacier Pokhara

9. Re: Hire car with driver from Kathmandu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 pm, January 17, 2013

San Francisco
Level Contributor
696 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hire car with driver from Kathmandu

Thank you, Raja and Cumbria. I am making inquiries with Himalayan Magic Adventures and Hotel Glacier Pokhara. These are my particulars:

I need a driver and vehicle for 14 days. I will arrive in Kathmandu on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 and depart from Kathmandu on Monday, December 26, 2011.

I will visit Kathmandu and the area (Patan, Nagarkot, Bungamati). Then I will go to Pokhara, Tansen, Bharatpur to Janakpur and return through Dhulikhel to Kathmandu.

I prefer a Suzuki APV, Kijang, Avanza or similar vehicle. I am travelling by myself. I have made many trips in India and other Asian Countries with a car and driver.

I require an experienced driver who speaks some English and is very familiar with the route. I usually make my own hotel reservations.

This is my plan. I have not begun to identify hotels. I usually stay in mid-priced rooms and make an effort to be sure I get a good value.

I will stay in Kathmandu the evening of December 13.

December 14, tour Kathmandu, Stay in Nagarkot the evening of December 14

December 15, Probably stay in Kathmandu the evening of December 15 unless I can find another good morning view of the Himalayas.

December 16 begin drive to Pokhara. See sights on the way. Stay in Gorkha or Bandipur the evening of December 16

December 17 stay in Pokhara

December 18 drive around the area to see the mountains. stay in Pokhara

December 19 leave for Tansen

December 20 drive to Bharatpur

December 21 drive Bharatpur to Janakpur. (is this too far to drive in one day?)

December 22 visit the villages for the painted houses and crafts, see the Janaki Temple.

December 24 drive from Janakpur North to Dhulikhel via Sindhulimadi. Is this too far to drive in one day? Lonely planet shows a road that is not on my map—do you know this road?

December 25 Drive from Khulikhel to Kathmandu via Patan. Stay in Kathmandu.

December 26 last visits in Kathmandu area and catch flight back to Delhi.

Thanks a lot!

TJ 3PO

San Francisco, California

PS--am I going to freeze my butt off in December while visiting these areas?

Reply to: Hire car with driver from Kathmandu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted