We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saffron Dreams India Tours

Toronto
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Saffron Dreams India Tours

If you're looking for a travel agent to help you plan the perfect trip to India, I would highly recommend Rachit Thakkar at Saffron Dreams. I travelled to Mumbai and Agra in February 2016, and was very impressed. From the minute we met, Rachit inspired trust and confidence - this was especially important as I was a woman travelling alone. I felt as though he understood exactly what kind of travel experience I was looking for in Mumbai and Agra. He was generous and thoughtful in providing advice, and his passion for and knowledge of both areas was evident.

The organization and communication between him and his colleagues was quite exceptional, beginning with the gentleman who came and met me when I arrived, despite the late hour (even Rachit, himself, called and spoke to me and my driver).

I did not have a guide in Mumbai, however my tour guide in Agra, Anu, was extremely knowledgeable and attentive. He was honest, pleasant, and I was impressed by the level and depth of his knowledge. His tours of the Taj Mahal and the Fort were especially excellent, and the credibility of the organization gave me confidence in the shops I was taken to. (And all purchases subsequently arrived at my home, as expected.) It was especially kind (and informative) of Anu to travel back to Delhi with me. I felt very well taken care of every step of the way.

Unfortunately, while I was away, I was required to change my travel plans and return home early for medical reasons, and it was during this time of stress and uncertainty that the team really shone! They all made it as easy as possible to change my plans last minute and Rachit, personally, were more helpful and attentive than I ever could have imagined.

I couldn't have been happier with the service provided by Rachit and his team, and would highly recommend Saffron Dreams to anyone visiting India.

Mentioned in this post
Saffron
Saffron
346 Reviews
Chandigarh, India
Mumbai
Mumbai
Maharashtra, India
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai
The Taj Mahal Palace...
7,485 Reviews
Mumbai, India
San Francisco...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Saffron Dreams India Tours

Trip was inspired and requested as a University Graduation gift by our daughter, not as a first ever trip to the mother land but as an adult with a desire to see and experience her cultural heritage half a world away.

A short search string bought us to 'Saffron Dreams' where a single call connected with Ratchit Thakkar (Founder, CEO,GM….Facilitator etc) i.e. the 'buck' stopped here. A professional, with a sense of understanding the importance of the mission and took on our outline criteria accordingly.

With our designated time of travel (July), duration (15days), target destinations and objectives of conducting a north India road trip visiting and seeking a Historical, Cultural and Spiritual experience, a custom tour itinerary was presented within 2 days, reviewed and finalized within a week for travel 4 weeks later.

Suffice it to say that apart from the minor challenges of acclimatization and certain Airline's lackadaisical approach with passengers to flight cancellation/delays, the obligatory traffic+tyre blowout en-route to Varanasi airport and the high monsoon waters+strong currents on the river Ganga forced the cancellation of the evening boat ride in front of the Ghats, the trip was a wonderful once in life time father+daughter experience.

The drivers and guides were professional, engaging and knowledgeable with a passion for the historical and cultural background of the locations and sights visited; (Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Varanasi, Amritsar and Surat ).

The accommodations at the Delhi Oberoi Maiden, Agra and Jaipur Trident, Varansi and Amritsar Radisson hospitality were modern, comfortable and very pleasant 4Star+. The Jodhpur Rabanka Palace not so and hence rate at 3.0Star.

We would be remiss to mention that Ratchit in the US, Staff and Rep's on the ground in India were available on hand when the need arose and assisted with facilitating 3rd party services. Over all we give Rachit, his team, 👍 👍 👍 👍4 thumbs up and we look forward to planning future trips with Saffron Dreams.

Mentioned in this post
Varanasi Airport
Varanasi Airport
Varanasi, India
Ganga Beach Resort
Ganga Beach Resort
434 Reviews
Rishikesh, India
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Jodhpur
Jodhpur
Jodhpur District, India
Varanasi
Varanasi
Varanasi District, India
Amritsar
Amritsar
Amritsar District, India
Surat
Surat
Surat District, India
Saffron
Saffron
346 Reviews
Chandigarh, India
J L
Bermuda
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saffron Dreams India Tours

We highly recommend using Saffron Dreams to arrange a customize tour of India.

We had a really wonderful trip to India, thanks to the excellent arrangements made by Rachit of Saffron Dreams Tour, even to the finest details!

We appreciate the personal touch of Saffron Dreams in contacting us by phone to plan the tour, to checking up on us throughout the tour; We had the most memorable time in India thanks all the details he has attended to, from the tour schedule to the dedicated guide to the private and spacious air-conditioned van for our entire family. We appreciate the input on the tour sites to visit and the time needed at each stop.

We enjoyed all the restaurants that the guide has taken us to and the Trident hotels he has recommended.

In Dehli, it was unfortunate that we were unable to see the red fort except from afar, due to the public holiday weekend. Maybe next time, we could have driven back from Jaipur at the end of the tour back to Dehli with our driver so we could have a second chance to visit the many monuments that were closed due to the independence day holiday weekend. We would then just end the tour in Delhi (where we started).

Otherwise, we enjoyed our experience on the bicycle rickshaw to Old Delhi and going on a quiet Sunday morning was definitely the wise thing to do!

We have came to learn a lot about the history and cultural of India during the stops to the famous Mosques, Hindu Temple and monuments. We were impressed by the history that the guide was able to shared with us!

We also are grateful for all the advice given on visiting Mumbai, car hire, hotels, etc.

Thanks for making our trip to India especially Memorable! We are so blessed that we have mostly great weather during the monsoon season.

We would most definitely use Saffron Dreams again to plan our next trip to another part of India!

Mentioned in this post
Saffron
Saffron
346 Reviews
Chandigarh, India
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Mumbai
Mumbai
Maharashtra, India
UK
Level Contributor
141 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saffron Dreams India Tours

I must have a sceptical mind......lol

Brooklyn, New York
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Saffron Dreams India Tours

I've just returned from a 17 day group trip in India. This was my second trip that I booked through Saffron Dreams India Tours, the first was in 2013, which was an extensive 5 week stay, every detail arranged perfectly. This trip required Saffron Dreams to arrange my plane travel, the pick up from and return to the airport in Delhi and also travel to and from the Delhi train station. The drivers and guides were professional and super friendly and always exceeded my expectations, they even stayed with me at the train station until the train departed, making sure I was okay. I highly recommend using this agency on your journey. See you in India.

Edited: 8:27 am, January 31, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Saffron
Saffron
346 Reviews
Chandigarh, India
Austin, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Saffron Dreams India Tours

Gail, its always a pleasure to plan your trips. Thank you so much for choosing us. And, thank you very much for recommending us. We really appreciate it.

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Saffron Dreams India Tours

I along with the rest of my travel party thoroughly enjoyed the trip to Delhi-Agra-Jaipur arranged by the team at Saffron Dreams. This is what I have to say.

I wanted to convey our complete satisfaction with the trip to Delhi-Agra-Jaipur that you had so kindly arranged for us. Everything went off smoothly in no small part due to the excellent coordination and sensitivity to our needs as shown by our tour director Sri Abid Ali. I must also commend our driver RadhShyamji who had to negotiate the horrendous and uniquely chaotic traffic that now appears to be India's trademark feature!

While I have already conveyed our individual appreciations to AbidAliji & RadShyam, perhaps you can also mention my note to you.

I will certainly not hesitate to contact you for any further vacation guidance in the future. And yes, the Trident hotels were quite good.

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Saffron
Saffron
346 Reviews
Chandigarh, India
Austin, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Saffron Dreams India Tours

Dr. Murthy,

It was a pleasure arranging this trip for you. Going in, we know you had several concerns about visiting India and it was truly heartening for the Saffron Dreams team to see that you and your entire family truly enjoyed your time in India.

We'd love to put together more family vacations for you in the future and we will aim to make those trips just as smooth, comfortable and enjoyable for your family.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Saffron
Saffron
346 Reviews
Chandigarh, India
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Saffron Dreams India Tours

India has been on our list of desired destinations for a very long time! We are lucky people, having visited many parts of the world, and have used a variety of travel agents and tour companies. Our tour of the highlights of Northern India with Saffron Dreams eclipsed our expectations, starting with the personalized planning and incredibly prompt responses to all our questions and concerns by Rachit Thakkar. Because of a local airline issue, we missed a connecting flight, and, amazingly, Rachit was tracking this and texted me at just the right time, with a new, revised plan. This meant that we were still able to see all that had been planned. The staff in India were very knowledgeable, friendly, and created a safe, completely interesting experience for us. All of our hotels were WONDERFUL, and the food we had everywhere was just delicious. I can’t wait to recommend Saffron Dreams to everyone we know!

Mentioned in this post
Saffron
Saffron
346 Reviews
Chandigarh, India
Austin, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Saffron Dreams India Tours

Hello Shannon! Thank you for writing us this great review.

About your missed connection, our team was tracking your flights and we were all waiting in anticipation to see whether or not your first flight was going to make it in time for you to make it to your second one. We got to work when we realized you may not make the connection - we really didn't want you to miss out on anything. We were glad that we were able to make it all fit.

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your tour and had a memorable experience of India.

Thank you for traveling with Saffron Dreams. To us, the highest form of compliment is a recommendation and so we want to thank you for recommending us!

Wish you and your family a wonderful new year!

Edited: 7:19 pm, January 29, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Saffron
Saffron
346 Reviews
Chandigarh, India
USA
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Saffron Dreams India Tours

We had a lifelong dream of traveling to India, although we knew it would be a challenging trip due to limitations in my walking (multiple sclerosis). Rachit Thakker of Saffron Dreams worked with us to set up the India experience of our dreams, while working within our budget. He helped us to develop a customized itinerary that covered all of the “must see” places like the Taj Mahal, but also included travel through small villages and to sacred sites such as Varanasi. The guides he selected were not only experts on history and culture, they were excellent problem-solvers—even helping us to overcome the hazards of the recent rupee crisis and finding a replacement for a damaged camera battery charger. Rachit stayed in close contact with us throughout our trip to ensure that we were having a safe and enjoyable experience. If you are considering India as a destination, I strongly recommend Rachit and Saffron Dreams and I am happy to provide a reference and more details on our experience.

Mentioned in this post
Saffron
Saffron
346 Reviews
Chandigarh, India
The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai
The Taj Mahal Palace...
7,485 Reviews
Mumbai, India
Varanasi
Varanasi
Varanasi District, India