We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Domestic baggage allowance with India Air in India

Washington...
2 posts
Save Topic
Domestic baggage allowance with India Air in India

I have booked a flight from Udaipur to Mumbai with India Air on Nov. 13 this year.

My final air ticket states 15 KG only baggage allowance.

My suitcase will be heavier and also my carry on will be like allowed in US or on international flights.

What is the penalty or the Dollar amount which I have to pay?

I tried to call India Air but was unable to talk to some one.

Does s.o. have the answer?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
26 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Domestic baggage allowance with India Air in India

If you don't get an answer here, you might try posting your question on the India-based Airline forum over on Flyertalk.com

flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/

I looked at Air India's website and didn't see any mention of the excess weight fee.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
26 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Domestic baggage allowance with India Air in India

I looked again and did find the excess baggage fee. It is 250 rupees per kg, so about $3.80USD per kg.

airindia.com/SBCMS/…

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Domestic baggage allowance with India Air in India

You should also post this on the Air Travel forum here, maybe someone there will be able to give you more info, there's a link here on the right under Beyond destination forums.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
7,815 posts
480 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Domestic baggage allowance with India Air in India

hi..

yes it will be in between 230-250 rs/kg..but i will recommend you to inquire with air india, because limit should be more if its a regular craft.

5. Re: Domestic baggage allowance with India Air in India

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:31 am, September 04, 2014