We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 months in India, best routes to take, best places to see?

Newquay, United...
1 post
Save Topic
2 months in India, best routes to take, best places to see?

I'm going to be flying into Bangalore on the 7th of October and then work my way up to Goa to spend some time winding down After Goa I don't really have much of a plan so really looking for advice of routes and places to see. I;m not really into the party scene much anymore so looking to find temples, national parks, trekking etc. I'm only staying in India for 2 months, but would really like to go as far North as Himachal Pradesh. Can this be done?

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,667 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 months in India, best routes to take, best places to see?

To go to Himachal you can fly to Delhi and then to Shimla that is capital of Himachal pradesh.

From Delhi you can travel by train to Kalka and then a toy train to Shimla.

Himachal is beautifull hill state.You can plan your ity. as per days available.

deepak

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,783 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 months in India, best routes to take, best places to see?

After Shimla u can a do a famous route Golden Triangle with Khajuraho( famous for erotic temples)the ghats of Varanasi,beautiful pink city Jaipur and serene Udaipur no doubt Delhi too in the beginning.

Thanks and regards

Rashid

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 months in India, best routes to take, best places to see?

Hi eddywake20,

I may suggest you as follows -

Bangalore - Goa - Hampi 2 nights, Pattadakal1 night - Aurangabad (for Ajanta and Ellora caves 2 nights ), Mumbai 2 nights

Fly from Mumbai to Udaipur (3 nights) - Ranakpur(1night) - Jodhpur (1 or 2 nights) - Jaisalmer (2 nights)- Bikaner (1 night) - Jaipur (3 nights) - Agra 1 or 2 nights - Orchha 1 night - Varanasi 3 nights - Khajuraho 2 nights fly back to Delhi

Delhi to Amritsar 1 night - Dalhousie 1 night - Chamba 1 night - Shimla - 2 night -Delhi 2 nights and fly back to home.

I may also suggest that from Bangalore you may go to Mysore and then to Kerala for 5 nights - Kovalam - Munnar etc.

For railway reservation on line please try irctc.com For comfort, please travel by 2 tier A/C or 1st A/C class.

Between some cities luxury coaches run by state govt. as well as private operators also are convenient.

Sanjiv

Tiruchirappalli...
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 months in India, best routes to take, best places to see?

This can be really done.

but in interest in temples, you should think of Tamil Nadu and for national parks Kerala as both are nearby you can do it very easily.

5. Re: 2 months in India, best routes to take, best places to see?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 18, 2013