We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Icon India Tours--the BEST!

Stevensville...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Icon India Tours--the BEST!

I contacted Icon India Tours after I was astounded by the costs quoted me by some very popular tour companies. I gave Sabu Ram Prajapat, the owner, the same itinerary I had received from the other companies. He came back with a quote half the price of one and several thousand dollars less than the other. He and I then expanded the itinerary to include timing for the Puskar Camel Fair and a trip down to Mumbai and Aurangabad.

My husband and I would up spending 4 weeks in India for an extremely reasonable sum. Because Sabu talked to our driver every day and even gave us an Indian cell phone to easily contact him and our driver, it was so convenient to make changes while in India. For instance, we decided to fly from Jodhpur to Udaipur instead of driving. This was arranged immediately and easily (as far as we were concerned!)

Our main driver in Northern India, Mr. Narayan Singh, was absolutely wonderful: so professional, kind, careful on the roads, courteous and so amenable to our requests. He even had cartons of bottled water in his car available for our use.

Our other drivers in Varanasi, Mumbai, and Aurangabad were also very professional.

Sabu joined us in Jaipur as we drove out to his family's village where we spent a most welcoming night. His mother, sisters, and sister-in-law even made my friend and me beautiful lehengas and blouses! Indeed, here in India, the "guest is god!"

When our Air India flight to Mumbai was delayed and we wound up missing our Aurangabad connection, Sabu personally went to the Jaipur airport to make other arrangements for us. We were still able to spend 2 nights in Aurangabad and one night in Mumbai by simply switching the order of travel. Sabu contacted the hotels and was able to switch the nights's stays with no additional costs.

We always felt that no matter what problem might arise, (and none did other than the delayed flight), Sabu would be there to take care of it.

I would recommend Icon India Tours without hesitation.

Mary Medicus

1. Re: Icon India Tours--the BEST!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:08 am, October 24, 2017
Tunbridge Wells
Level Contributor
2 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Icon India Tours--the BEST!

My wife and I have just returned from an 11 night Golden Triangle tour arranged by Icon India Tours and wholeheartedly agree with all the positive things said about this company. All the arrangements worked perfectly.

When we first started thinking about visiting this part of India we scoured the tour brochures for a programme that would fit the 12 days we had available. This proved difficult and the schedules proposed were not only pricey but also very demanding. Through Tripadvisor we came across Icon India Tours. They had great feedback so we sent through our proposed itinerary for a quote. We included a list of the hotels we had read about.

A response came back within hours. Sabu suggested some adjustments to our plans - such as not going to Agra on a day when the Taj Mahal is closed! He quoted an all inclusive price for bed and breakfast at the hotels; a car and driver for the whole period; three safaris in Ranthambore etc etc.

We found ourselves some flights - he would have done that too if we had asked - and paid him our deposit.

The trip went perfectly. The driver, Mr Narayan Singh, was impeccable. Extremely professional with a very good grasp of English. He guided us to the various places of interest and provided plenty of wise counsel. At one stage we were privileged to meet his wife and children at her parent's farm.

We had three days in Delhi; travelled to Agra and marvelled at the Taj Mahal followed by three nights at the wonderful Khem Villas in the Ranthambore National Park. We didn't see any tigers but had a wonderful time nonetheless. From there we went to Jaipur for another three nights. On our last night there we were invited to join Sabu for dinner at his home. It was only at this point he expected to be paid the balance for the trip! We the returned to Delhi for one more night before the flight home.

Sabu is a young entrepreneur who we found to be steeped in the desire to provide excellent customer service. His approach is full of honesty and integrity and we would recommend him and his company to anyone considering touring India.

If you have any questions please ask. Thanks Chris

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
188 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Icon India Tours--the BEST!

We just got back from an incredible 8-day tour of India’s Golden Triangle!

You can read a full report of our trip review in the India Forum:

tripadvisor.com/…45452544

We would like to thank our local tour operator, Icon India Tours, for making our trip as enjoyable and comfortable.

Since we had very limited time, our first decision was to go for a private car tour. After comparing and corresponding with several local tour operators based in India, we decided to go with this company because they are willing to accommodate changes in our itineraries and other requests. The company was upfront about any hidden costs and we appreciate their prompt responses to our queries.

We were assigned a driver who was prompt and professional in his work. Sabu, the owner of the company, was always in contact with us via the driver at any point of our trip. The car was always clean and ready in the morning. We had bottled water everyday and we were kindly offered beer. After each of our visits at the monuments, the driver would magically appear with his car. We never had to wait for more than 5 minutes!

When we finally met Sabu in Jaipur, he invited us for dinner at his house where he taught us how to eat with our right hand and on the floor! The food, dal and chapati, although simple was quite delicious!

Sabu, thank you for making our trip quite memorable. My husband backpacked in India more than 30 years ago. He was very hesitant about going back and traveling. But after this trip, he admitted that he had quite a great time!

I will be happy to answer any questions if you are making plans to travel in India.

4. Re: Icon India Tours--the BEST!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:40 am, November 03, 2013
Surrey,England
Level Contributor
32 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Icon India Tours--the BEST!

Just returned from an 11 day tour of Rajahstan plus Amritsar. Icon planned everything, modifying and discussing preferences as we went.

Result was a well organised visit with excellent drivers and guides, well researched hotels and experienced view of timing - and it was cheaper than other companies! My sons and I were very impressed and would look forward to planning another itinerary with Sabu Ram.

All communication felt personalised and attention to detail was thorough and responses to questions were always prompt. We wanted to include a detour to see the Pushkar camel fair and a couple of other things - no problem.

I only wish Sabu covered other countries as well!

Edited: 3:01 pm, December 11, 2012
Sydney
Level Contributor
10 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Icon India Tours--the BEST!

I cannot find where to post my review, so it is going here for now...

We had a very positive experience with Icon Travel and Tours and would recommend it without hesitation.

The company owner, Sabu, was a pleasure to deal with from the start. When I was making enquiries, he was always quickly responsive and used Google Chat to make sure I was happy with all of his answers. Icon were not the cheapest option, but I decided to go with them on the basis of the responses I got and the great reputation on Trip Advisor. On our final night in Jaipur, we had the pleasure of meeting Sabu, when he kindly took us to his favourite local restaurant.

We took a tour that was based on the Taj and Tigers tour. Starting in Delhi, then to Agra; Bharatpur bird park; Ranthambhore national park for tiger safari (we saw one!) and Jaipur.

Our driver was Mr Narayan Singh - a lovely polite and gentle man, how was always eager to explain everything he could about the country. This was a good soft landing for us as it was our first time in India and we were full of questions. He is also a good safe driver. If you have been on India's roads, you will know this is important.

We were fully cared for from when we were collected from Delhi airport until we were dropped at Jaipur airport ten days later.

We were really happy with all of the hotel choices - I have reviewed them all separately. Exactly the right balance between comfort and value, and always in the quiet part of town away from the noise.

Another good part of the service is that Mr Singh arranged a phone SIM for us in his name which I used for the duration of our India trip. It is now very difficult for foreigners to get a phone SIM, so this is worthwhile and very inexpensive.

All in all, a great experience with an small but growing company that understands travellers needs and good service.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Icon India Tours--the BEST!

We used Trip Advisor to find Icon Tours and a great find it was! Sabu assisted us in visiting the 'Golden Triangle' of Delhi, Jaipur and Agra for 9 days at the end of 4 weeks in India. From the moment Mr Narayan Singh picked us up at Delhi airport until he dropped us off there 9 days later we enjoyed excellent service and a great sense of security. As mentioned by others every detail was accounted for and we felt entirely confident in the arrangements. In the months leading up to our trip, Sabu was extremely helpful in making arrangements. He replied to emails promptly and nothing was too much trouble for him. I asked him to assist me finding a houseboat in the backwaters of Kerala as I was experiencing difficulty finding one for the time we were in the south. Sabu very promptly organised this and after I had mentioned to him that the date booked was my daughter's 20th birthday, he passed this message onto the boat crew and they had a birthday cake for her! This attention to small details is what makes Sabu's assistance so valuable. When we got to Jaipur we met with Sabu to pay him the balance of the trip payment - as others have said - this turned out to be much more than a business transaction. We met Sabu at the house he is building and spent time drinking tea with him on the rooftop. I would have no hesitation in recommending Sabu to anyone visiting India. Both he and Narayan were professional, friendly and helpful. Narayan is an excellent driver - calm and measured among the hurly burly on Indian roads! I wish them both well in their future business ventures! Angela T

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Icon India Tours--the BEST!

We have just returned from a 5 week holiday in India which was arranged for us by Sabu of Icon India. We decided to visit India last year and decided to use an Indian Company to assist us with our plans, as who better than someone from their own Country! From the word "Go" Sabu was the most efficient of the 3 Companies which we made contact with. As soon as I emailed Icon we had a phone call from Sabu after emailing him with a little information as to what we wanted to do, length of stay etc Sabu came us with various options. After a few emails to and from him we agreed an itinerary. We sent a deposit by Bank Transfer and Sabu did the rest!!

All hotels were booked including breakfasts, internal flights, overnight train tickets, elephant ride, safaris at Ranthambore, drivers and guides where we wanted. Nothing was left for us to do.

On arrival at Delhi Satwinder (not sure of the spelling) was there to meet us and he proved to be a good friend throughout the whole time he was with us, giving us advice when necessary, he drove so very carefully that we felt really safe with him. Sabu invited us to his house for a meal which his sisters cooked for us and it was a very enjoyable evening.

I am confident that if it wasn't for Sabu and his team we would have not been as relaxed and enjoyed our memoriable trip as we did. No Tour Company in our Country could have come near to the price we paid.

Sabu is an honest, trustworthy, professional person and when we visit India again shall have no hesitation in contacting him for itinerary ideas.

Well done Sabu and Thankyou! Enid and Colin

Edited: 11:31 am, March 04, 2013
ennis
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Icon India Tours--the BEST!

I would also like to echo all those who posted positive reviews about Icon. My family and I have just returned from a 10 day trip to The Golden Triangle which was one of the most enjoyable vacations of my life. The option I chose was for a driver and van (a six seater for 4 of us) and he was at our disposal from our arrival. I coudnt say enough good things about the whole experience and would not hesitate to recommend Icon Tours, Sabu and last but not least our driver Banwari

Eugene (Ireland)

Aberdeen, UK
Level Contributor
257 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Icon India Tours--the BEST!

I'm tagging this onto here rather than starting a whole new forum post.

My husband and I just returned from a 15 day trip organised by Icon India Tours, and would highly recommend this company. We contacted a few agents in India and decided to go with Icon based on their speedy responses to all queries. The price was also very reasonable, much cheaper than any UK company, and similar to other companies we had contacted in India.

On initial enquiry, I had a good idea what we wanted to cover on our trip, and Sabu immediately phoned me to check a couple of things. Within 24 hours he had put together an itinerary which was perfect and we only made a couple of very minor changes to. I had already booked internal flights and he was fine with this, although he could also have booked them for us. Every query I had he replied extremely quickly.

On arrival in Delhi, we were met by our driver with a brand new very comfortable car. Every day the car had fresh water, diet coke and sweets, as well as tissues and wet wipes. The driver was a very experienced and safe driver. We were also given a mobile phone with Sabu and the drivers number to contact anytime, and Sabu called on arrival and a couple more times during the trip to check everything was ok.

After Rajasthan we flew to Kerala, and again we were met by a very good driver and immaculate car, also organised by Icon.

We had asked for mid range hotels/havelis, and this is exactly what we got, all were very nice and in a good location (I have reviewed each one separately).

After a very smooth and enjoyable trip, we would recommend this company.