We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IRCTC Registration

Clarksville...
1 post
Save Topic
IRCTC Registration

Problem - Trying to book a train. My phone number is from the U.S. I don't know how to make it international, so that I can receive buy a train ticket and receive my confirmation code from IRCTC. I also need to know how to do this so that I can receive phone calls from the U.S. on my cell phone while in India.

Mentioned in this post
IRCTC Guest House
IRCTC Guest House
90 Reviews
Katra, India
agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,167 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IRCTC Registration

They have recently changed this system and you need to put mobile no. for registration. You can try for reservation www.cleartrip.com which is very user friendly.

When in India you can buy a local SIM to make calls to US which will be cheaper.

deepak.

Mentioned in this post
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
40,692 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IRCTC Registration

123SheriG

You may try www.makemytrip.com www.erail.in www.cleartrip.com they all are genuine and secured, the sights are also easy to access and making the payment is also very convenient.

AshisRoy

Edited: 2:53 am, September 17, 2011
hyderabad
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: IRCTC Registration

simple solution is take a sim in india,signup

in www.irctc.co.in and continue booking. payment mode can be either through debit or credit card

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
9,053 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IRCTC Registration

irctc.co.in can no longer be used by non-Indians, because of this registration issue.

You should use www.cleartrip.com instead, which accepts non-Indian credit cards and having an Indian moile number is optional.

kolkata
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: IRCTC Registration

yes

New Delhi, Delhi...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: IRCTC Registration

If you are unable to registred in IRCTC call customer care .

For IRCTC customer care number visit:

customercarenumber.net.in/railways/…

Mentioned in this post
IRCTC Guest House
IRCTC Guest House
90 Reviews
Katra, India
Milton Keynes...
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: IRCTC Registration

I have tried using clear trip and make my trip but amessage comes up and advises that irctc requires the registration to be completed and here one needs the text message to activate the account. problem is they will not send a text outside of India.

Has anyone any suggestions? Obtaining a sim once in India is not an option as the AC1 tickets I want to purchase may not be available.

Thanks

Kris

Mentioned in this post
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,587 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: IRCTC Registration

Hi Kris,

There is a workaround to the registration problem. You have to email IRCTC and ask them to email the One Time Password to you and activate your account. The process is detailed in www.seat61.com/India.htm

Mentioned in this post
IRCTC Guest House
IRCTC Guest House
90 Reviews
Katra, India
UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: IRCTC Registration

Hi Man_in_Seat_6 Are you one and the same as the website?

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: IRCTC Registration

Anyway back to the issue in hand.

If the registration problem still exists, why has this not been rectified so customers outside India can register.? Clearly we can register up to a point but the website needs to be modified pdq so we don't get these problems. IRCTC /Cleartrip must know by now of the registration problems outside India. One thing that really pi***s me off are websites that are not fit for purpose (I include many in the UK as well).

As Brave1 suggests the seat61 is a great site for all things concerning trains. I have used this many times when planning train trips in several countries. I have seen on there that a scan of passport has to be sent to customer services; what an an unnecessary performance when all it would take is a slight modification of the registration process.

Moan over. Now for a glass of wine!

Mentioned in this post