We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used 'India Someday' for their holiday in India

Luxembourg City...
1 post
Save Topic
Has anyone used 'India Someday' for their holiday in India

I am in touch with travel agents by the name India Someday (www.indiasomeday.com) for our upcoming trip to India in Mid Feb. They seem pretty friendly and genuine in the initial rounds of e-mails. Has anyone used their services and can give us a first hand perspective?

Thanks a lot for your comments!

London, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone used 'India Someday' for their holiday in India

Abbas and his team are amazing. I do not use that adjective lightly. If you would like to speak with me further please message me and I will be happy to answer any questions you have.

I, like you, needed reassurance before I went further with the company and found their facebook page very useful as I could email a number of people that had left them testimonies from various countries.

Milly

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone used 'India Someday' for their holiday in India

Not used them yet. Though, their site even though very basic does seem to have many good testimonials.

However, when travelling in India, I always recommend evaluating the option of planning, booking and co-ordinating the trip on our own. Primarily because when booking accommodation and intra/inter-city travelling (except air and train), there is a good scope of bargaining and reducing the cost of your trip.

Hinesburg, Vermont
Level Contributor
4 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone used 'India Someday' for their holiday in India

We used India Someday and it was the absolute best thing we could have done. Abbas is very personable and caring and did the utmost to make our trip a memorable one. If you are going to India, I have more I can say. For one thing, drivers are extremely important. I have the names of two drivers who I would highly recommend in the Rajasthan area. Having a driver with good speaking and driving skills can make a huge difference in level of enjoyment of your trip. It is truly hard to overstate the importance of this detail.

Boston...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone used 'India Someday' for their holiday in India

We used India Someday for our India trip in April 2011.

We used India someday for our tickets (Air, Rail, and Bus and ground transpiration) to different cities in India and 1 week vacation in Goa.

Abbas not only organized our trip but also provided us proper guidance to plan our trip and found best deal for us in one of the best resort in Goa. Using India Someday made my travel worry free and extremely enjoyable.

I have traveled in India before and I have found getting tickets and reservation on my own to be extremely stressful and time consuming. You may save few rupees by doing your own intra/inter-city traveling if you are willing to spend time. On the other hand India Someday team provides individual attention not only while you are planning your trip but also during your entire trip.

Using India Today services was the best thing we did and I highly recommend them to anyone traveling to India...

Cordoba, Argentina
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone used 'India Someday' for their holiday in India

Hi!

I travelled with India Someday this past February and I wouldn't have had such a great experience without Abbas, there's no doubt about this.

My trip was very fulfilling and truly cost effective, he organized my travel plans, booked my hotels and every train ticket!... I really got a princess treatment over there!

Enjoy INDIA as much as you can, there's a whole different world waiting for you out there!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone used 'India Someday' for their holiday in India

These people are fantastic. India Someday is staffed by a group of knowledgeable people in Mumbai--they seem to have traveled all over the country, maintain contacts with current and former travelers, and have proven to be invaluable source of assistance and advice when I planned my trip to India (Mumbai and Tamil Nadu).

They spent time getting to know my interests, tastes, and budget--and they then helped me plan most aspects of my visit. They have saved me money on hotels (they ring the hotels, negotiate the prices, cleared them with my by email, then booked it) getting prices that are better than anything I can find through Kayak.com, and they give solid advice about trains, local customs, food, taxis, etc.

Most of the communication was done by email but they gave me their mobile nos. so I can ring them if anything comes up, either when I am in India or when I'm at home and reconsidering my plans. I received advice from Abbas's BlackBerry when I was in need of advice--this was really invaluable!

These guys are trustworthy, their prices are posted and worked out in advance (in a helpful Excel spreadsheet, with tailored Google maps), and we plan to use them again when we travel to Kerala in December. They were my first friends in India and I hope to keep them for a long time.

A smart option--highly recommended.

Cordoba, Argentina
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone used 'India Someday' for their holiday in India

Mi experiencia con India Someday fue excelente. Viaje a India en Febrero de 2011 junto con una amiga, fuimos a Mumbai, luego al norte de India a conocer Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur, Pushkar; y finalmente las playas de Goa. Tanto los trenes como los hoteles se adaptaron perfectamente a lo que buscábamos, fueron reservados antes de que comience el viaje por lo que fuimos con la tranquilidad de tener el transporte y alojamiento organizado de antemano. El asesoramiento sobre los lugares a donde ir, y aquellos a donde no ir fue adecuado, así como la cantidad de días para permanecer en cada lugar. Gracias a India Someday no nos llevamos ninguna sorpresa negativa. Considero necesario este tipo de asesoramiento antes y durante el viaje para lograr que sea una experiencia inolvidable como lo fue para mí !!!

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
1 post
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone used 'India Someday' for their holiday in India

We used India Someday for our trip last March 2011. Abbas and Harsh were very accommodating. We had an itinerary in mind but they helped us put all the pieces together. We went to Delhi-Agra-Pushkar-Jaipur. I'm used to doing all the bookings on my own but when I tried booking for trains, it was a headache for me! There were so many options and you need to know the specific train number and schedule that you want before being able to clearly search for it. Through India Someday, we didn't need to go through that hassle anymore. They booked our trains, hotels, and tours for us.

As we arrived in India, we were well received by the hotel managers and they made sure we had a pleasant stay. Harsh also met up with us in Pushkar and brought us around. He helped us with the tours that we wanted to take there and was very informative about the history and the present things that are happening.

We had a great time in India and it is one of the most memorable trips I've had so far!

Malabon, Philippines
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone used 'India Someday' for their holiday in India

India Someday has really been helpful.My friend and i wanted to visit and experience India, and what better way than to dive into one of the most celebrated festivals, which is Holi!

Before our flights, India Someday has provided us options on where to stay and recommended the livable hotels (by livable, i mean, clean and affordable =),

they also pre-booked for us train rides, we didn't have to queue for tickets. and this only meant a hassle-free travel.

We were also accompanied in one of our stops, which is a good personal approach by India Someday. they just had to make sure we were enjoying our Indian Adventure. =)

I can't wait to visit India again soon!!

Edited: 12:10 pm, May 27, 2011
Mumbai
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone used 'India Someday' for their holiday in India

I have traveled with a bunch of friends to Kerala using the services of India Someday. We traveled off-season in the month of June '10. Not only did we have all the hotels and house boats to ourselves (yes, there was no one else in the back waters!!) but the trip turned out to be much cheaper than if we had gone during season

We loved every hotel that we stayed at such as Cardamom Club at Thekkady and a nice Cottage Stay at Munnar, so I believe it paid off to have done the trip based on his advice.

All in all, great service for the price. Absolutely no hiccups. Prompt service and lovely hotels.

Hope that helps,

-Dhruv.