We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport photos for Indian visa

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Passport photos for Indian visa

Hello again,

Another question about the visa application - does the passport photo definitely have to be 2" by 2"? ie not the usual size you get from photo booths.

Any ideas on where I can get a photo of this size printed in North London??

211 replies to this topic
Brighton, United...
1 post
Save Reply
21. Re: Passport photos for Indian visa

I am travelling early tomorrow morning to the Indian Embassy to get a Visa in one day. I still do not have my photo's and was wondering if there is anywhere i can get some printed near Victoria station?

London
Level Contributor
8,866 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Passport photos for Indian visa

If you travel to VFS tomorrow and hand application in, the earliest it will be ready for collection will be on thursday or friday. No same day visas anymore. A previous poster did state a photo shop nearby to VFS was doing a roaring trade with people requiring the correct size - perhaps other posters can confirm which shop it was.

Llanfair, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Passport photos for Indian visa

Thanks for that 1girl-we managed to get them done at Timpsons in the end - they charged £4.99 for 2 photos ( 2x2 )

We re-printed our on line applicatons and decided to go to the Indian Visa Office in Birmingham today to make sure.

Everything was OK so hopefully we will get them back by the end of the week - I must say that the people on the desks are really nice and friendly and very helpful.

Typically after all the running around for the photos the Birmingham Office has now updated the photo booth to produce the correct size ones(and they are only £4.00) - not sure if the other Offices have !!.

Hope this helps others having problems,

Leicester, UK
Level Contributor
98 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Passport photos for Indian visa

Thanks for the info margton, I should be taking my visa forms to the Birmingham office next week. Got my photos done for £3 for two. Just as well that they've installed the photo booth, its difficult to find places that take 2x2 photos in the correct requirement.

Edited: 5:31 pm, January 03, 2011
London, United...
Level Contributor
441 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Passport photos for Indian visa

I'm going to the Goswell Road office tomorrow - I'll let you all know if the photo booth does 2x2 prints. It's really frustrating having non-standard size photos for the visas. I just spent an hour or so trying to get my white walls to actually look white in the home printed photos I did. We'll see what happens tomorrow...

London, United...
Level Contributor
441 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Passport photos for Indian visa

Goswell Road VFS office has a photo booth that ONLY takes photos at 50mm x 50mm. It's £4 for four photos.

I had an afternoon appointment today and was in and out within half an hour!

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
10,164 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Passport photos for Indian visa

That's useful to know LDNgal. Also a reasonable price for 4 photos.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Passport photos for Indian visa

were lucky that our holiday is at the end of the month {29/01/11) you must get 2x2 photo's with 80% of your face making up the pic so photo booth's are out.. the visa centres have the facilities for the 2x2 photo's @ £4 for 4. don't leave it to the last minute 2-3 days for the process. I had an almost wasted journey if it weren't for the pie & mash

manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Passport photos for Indian visa

Just sent my visa off this morning, never previously heard of 2x2 passport photographs so I thought regular would have been fine especially as i told the woman in max speilman i was applying for an Indian visa :(. How long did it take before you found out you were rejected? I am going in three weeks = major panic now. Plus waste of £10 postage charge!

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
30. Re: Passport photos for Indian visa

I went today to the London Goswell Rd processing centre. I tried using standard passport photos but they INSIST on the 50x50 size photos.

If I were you, just rock up and use the passport photo machine there (£4).

The waiting time today for submitting applications was about one hour (take a book or some lunch).

Reply to: Passport photos for Indian visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted