We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport photos for Indian visa

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Passport photos for Indian visa

Hello again,

Another question about the visa application - does the passport photo definitely have to be 2" by 2"? ie not the usual size you get from photo booths.

Any ideas on where I can get a photo of this size printed in North London??

200 replies to this topic
Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passport photos for Indian visa

We've used photos from photobooths for the last two years with no problem.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
241 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passport photos for Indian visa

I wouldn't take the risk of using the booths. The new guidelines clearly state that they need to be 2" x "2". A few people have been ok with the statndard passport size but some have also had their applications returned for not following the new guidance.

Applications through VSF are currently taking significantly longer so make sure you allow plaenty of time.

London
Level Contributor
8,118 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passport photos for Indian visa

Yes Tim but the procedure changed 23rd November and now 2x2 are required, indeed there was a post where someone had their application returned for incorrect sized photos. There should be numerous photo shops in North London where you can get 2x2 photos.

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
8,432 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Passport photos for Indian visa

Candylion see the attached link for photo specification.

…vfsglobal.co.uk/touristvisa_photospecs.html

Don't know anywhere in North London but someone else may have an answer for you.

Tim - our photobooths produce photos for our standard passport size and ID's etc. The new size photos now required are larger.

50mm x 50mm.

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
8,432 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Passport photos for Indian visa

I must type a bit faster!

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
60 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Passport photos for Indian visa

I submitted mine after 23rd and I was worried when the form suddenly changed within a week, they rang me yesterday to say that they are on their way back to me and i only used standard passport sized photo booth pictures

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Passport photos for Indian visa

Sorry, our last application was in August.

What about taking them yourself against a plain background and printing them out on good quality photopaper at home. Has anyone tried that or do they spot Inkjet produced photos and reject them?

I'm interested for next time, because I'm sure getting 2x2 inch photos won't be easy where I live in Lincoln, without paying a small fortune to a professional photographer.

London
Level Contributor
8,118 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Passport photos for Indian visa

All the photo shops such as Happy Snaps (or is it Snappy snaps) will do them Tim. Also places such as Timpsons - the shoe repairers. I am sure that doing them at home would also be acceptable - I dont think they quite so fussy on quality as the passport office. 2X2 is the American standard size so most photographers should be familiar with the size.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Passport photos for Indian visa

We have just been sent back as we took passport size photo's with us with our applications.

They are very strict so make sure they are correct before you submit.

Staffs
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Passport photos for Indian visa

there was 17 people in front of me at Birmingham all turned away at the door for not having correct photo. Go to Max Speilmann, £ 6.99 for six.

Reply to: Passport photos for Indian visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted