We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train E-Ticket - payment options

Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
148 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
train E-Ticket - payment options

Hello! I am about to book E train tickets online for my trip to India, via the irctc (indian railways) website.

I would like to pay by Credit Card but from a quick glance there isn't a VISA Credit Card option.

What is available are Credit Card Payment Gateways, such as ICICI PG, HDFC PG, CITI PG. Does anybody know what these are? and how to process a payment with VISA credit card?

Many thanks

Mizio

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
342 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train E-Ticket - payment options

Hi

When you click on MAKE PAYMENT option a new window opens with the options ICICI PG, HDFC PG, CITI PG , select any of the option by clicking on the radio button , as you click the window disappers and on the ticket booking window you will get the option for putting in credit card details, selecting master /visa card and other information and at the bootam there will be a button buy now click on that and wait for the processing " dont click back and refresh at any time , as the payment will be processed by the bank you will get the screen with confirmed ticket and at the bottam there will be a button " PRINT ERS " click on that to get the ticket printed .

Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
148 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train E-Ticket - payment options

Thanks very very much!!

Kettering, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: train E-Ticket - payment options

I really struggled for a long time with the ICICI PG.

The CITI PG worked perfect 1st time.

Chris.

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,409 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: train E-Ticket - payment options

ICICI, HDFC, CITI are basically the Banks respective Payment Gateway and all of them accept Visa & MasterCard. For local Indians it does not make much difference which Payment Gateway you select for International Credit Cards you need to read thru properly which one accepts International Transactions.

5. Re: train E-Ticket - payment options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, October 01, 2009