We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Real India Tour company by Raju

Salem
Level Contributor
2 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Real India Tour company by Raju

My brother and I are planning a guided trip to Northern India in November. We have quotes from Compass Tours and from Real India Tours. Real India Tours quotes a cheaper rate and a lower single supplement. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has had experience with either of these tour companies, particularly Real India Tours.

Peter

Neustadt an der...
Level Contributor
8 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Real India Tour company by Raju

Hi,

in February Raju organised a trip for my family with 3 children. He had the best prices compared to all the other agencies (sometimes 1/3 for the same service!) and he had offered all the hotels I would have booked if I would organise it on my own! I always look at the tripadvisor before I am going to book!

So I have to admit I was a bit frightened to give him some money before as a deposit but everything was perfect. I can really recommend him!! In the Internet I found there should be a Raju travel or something like this near the airport, some people had some bad experiences but I can not imagine that this is Raju Palawat because he is really looking for everything...

So enjoy your trip!

Patricia

Connecticut
Level Contributor
273 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Real India Tour company by Raju

I had a bad experience with Compass increasing prices and charging a $200 penalty for a change (same itinerary, different date) on a domestic flight on Jet Airways -- the real change fee was $2.50. I would not use or recommend them.

Neustadt an der...
Level Contributor
8 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Real India Tour company by Raju

Hi, I have not booked the Compass tours. As we had booked the tour with Real India = Rajau I also had to change the dates and all the hotels, it should be one day later. And they did it without any charge and it only took one day and I got the new confirmation... So I really can recommend Raju and his organisation!

Good luck in India! Patricia

4. Re: Real India Tour company by Raju

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:30 pm, September 15, 2008
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,314 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Real India Tour company by Raju

*Applauds*

Thanks Carianne, one more effort to stop spam on this forum.

Chicago
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Real India Tour company by Raju

I traveled with Real India organized by Raju and I was thrilled with the service he provided. I am photographer and teacher and Raju and all of his staff were extremely helpful and professional. I had a great experience. I needed a custom tour and I got everything I wanted and more. Each driver was no only professional but also very nice people to be with and excellent drivers. I felt safe and we were two women traveling alone. The places Raju recommended were exactly what I was looking for and I give his company the high marks. Raju personally invited me to his house where I met his family.

Betty Lark Ross

Chair of Visual Arts

The Latin School of Chicago

Neustadt an der...
Level Contributor
8 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Real India Tour company by Raju

Hi Betty,

that is exactly what I think and what I want to tell the members of this forum! As I mentioned above we had a great trip with Raju!

But I have to admit that he is so often in this forum; but I can realize that it is difficult for a company in India to inform tourists about the work they are doing so I k n o w through experience all the good reviews about him are real!! But if someone is so often mentioned in the internet I also have to admit that I maybe would get a "funny" feeling! But I am glad that we tried it, and also, most important: I never have read anything bad about him in the forum and I think if someone had a bad experience he would let all the people know it!!! (I have not been to the forum in the last weeks so I hope there has not been a bad one - but I am sure there won`t be one - hopefully! Smile!!)

So this is really my advice to all the tourists who are not sure: try him and you will not be disappointed!

Best wishes from Germany

Pat

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,096 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Real India Tour company by Raju

The quality of Raju's tours are NOT the issue.

What is being questioned is his appaling lack of ethics and respect for this forum's rules. If everyone went around posting their own company reviews we'd have nightmares here keeping this site useful and clean.

If he posts fake reviews, then OBVIOUSLY that damages the validity of the real ones. It's like the boy who cried Wolf, get it?

And personally - let me go out on a limb here - I really really don't like sneaky individuals, no matter whether their tours are good or bad. I would not do business with someone like that. I'm very clear about this.

If a tour operator does this once or twice, that's fine, you can just put it down to a mistake. When someone spams this site consistently, using MULTIPLE FAKE IDS, copying reviews from other places, over a two year period, inspite of being told by lots of people to stop, then I have to say I have absolutely zero respect for that person.

- Deepa

9. Re: Real India Tour company by Raju

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:45 am, March 05, 2009
omaha
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Real India Tour company by Raju

I hope you have not already booked with Compass. We lost $1900 when Compass did not live up to an agreement to fairly use our deposit for future travel when we had to cancel our trip due to a cancer diagnosis.