We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heavenly Bhutan Travels - Tour Operator

Hong Kong
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Heavenly Bhutan Travels - Tour Operator

After weeks of research, I took the recommendation of a colleague and engaged Heavenly Bhutan as our ground handler for our 8-day vacation at the Land of the Thunder Dragon. We were appointed Sajan Rai as the guide and Tandin as our driver and one week later, we left with thousands of pictures, memories we will never forget and tears at the airport when we said goodbye to our new friends.

Heavenly Bhutan Travels was extremely flexible in accommodating my (many!) questions and requests, Raju, Shiva and Menuka were always prompt and responsive, which made the planning quite enjoyable, interactive and efficient!

The guides took such good care of us that we felt so spoilt the entire trip, Sajan in particular was very knowledgable and we were amazed by all the stories he told us. They were very entertaining and made sure we enjoyed not just the sights but also interaction with the local people and culture. We even met with his family and played darts with his little boy (who was better at darts than me!) Did I mention he is a great photographer too? :D

Overall, we were very satisfied with the ground handler, the pace was just nice and they were attentive and extremely courteous. The country is extremely blessed with beautiful sights and amazing people. The experience itself is beyond what words can describe.

We left Bhutan with fond memories of our new family, hopefully we'll be able to visit them soon!

Thank you Heavenly Bhutan for the trip of a lifetime!

Mentioned in this post
Makati City
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heavenly Bhutan Travels - Tour Operator

We visited Bhutan with Heavenly Bhutan Travels. Our lovely, experienced and very cheerful guide Deechen, our driver "pilot", Gadu and their "boss" Raju took us to explore the spectacular beauty of Bhutan. The beautiful vistas of rolling mountain ranges, natural landscapes and authentic traditional Bhuddist, simple way of life of the Bhutanese.

Mentioned in this post
Heavenly Bhutan Travels
Heavenly Bhutan Travels
98 Reviews
Thimphu, Bhutan
Putignano, Italy
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heavenly Bhutan Travels - Tour Operator

...we used "access bhutan tours & treks" last november, their guide Kencho Tsering was one of the most stupid and childish person I ever met in my life...to pay 250 us to carry an idiot in your car, it's not the best...

Thimphu, Bhutan
Level Contributor
218 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heavenly Bhutan Travels - Tour Operator

Thank you so madam @ ViviOHongKong and madam @ MakatiSister, for taking your time to write down your experience on Bhutan, I'm sure this will help to reach out to many more interested travelers and most importantly how to book private trip. Thank you once again to both of you. "Happiness is a place"

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
109 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heavenly Bhutan Travels - Tour Operator

Today it is the anniversary of our Bhutan trip. We did our trip in May 2015 with Heavenly Bhutan.

When we decided to travel Bhutan we searched on net and we mails from many travel agencies. But the Heavenly Bhutan was the one who gave prompt reaction and we finalized our trip with them. . There was lots of communication and the people on other side were always calm and reply them immediately. It was my first trip organized through private agency and I was little apprehensive as we were a group of female with age group from 3 years to 73 years.

As soon we landed on the airport it was a feeling which cannot be expressed in words as it is fixed in my mind forever. We were greeted with Mr. Tek our tour guide and Mr. Tendin our driver for next eight days. We visited Thimpu, Punakha, Pobhijhaka, Bhumtang and Paro. Bhutan is beyond words when it comes to the beauty of its natural environment and of course, the scenery was terrific.

In trip we felt safe and respected at all times, Everything was taken care of for us

Overall it was the best trip we ever had. I am thankful to Mr. Raju the owner of Heavenly Bhutan., and our guide Mr. Tek to made this trip memorable

Mentioned in this post
Punakha
Punakha
Punakha District, Bhutan
Paro
Paro
Paro District, Bhutan
5. Re: Heavenly Bhutan Travels - Tour Operator

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 am, September 07, 2016
Paris, France
Level Contributor
76 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heavenly Bhutan Travels - Tour Operator

We used Heavenly Bhutan Travel for our trip in October 2016 and had a wonderful experience. We particularly wanted to avoid the middleman so sourced Bhutanese operators directly from directory on the official Tourism Council of Bhutan website www.tourism.gov.bt/directory/tour-operator/… Given that by law, only Bhutanese operators can organize and guide tours in Bhutan, I would recommend this for anyone whether you tour with Heavenly Bhutan Travels or not.

We chose to do a custom tour for two people over 11 days and had a fabulous guide – Mr. Rinchen – and a very conscious driver – Mr. Kuenga. One would think that the guide is the most important element but given the roads in Bhutan, having an excellent driver is also crucial. Also, due that the roads are currently under construction, we did not want to spend so much time driving so we parred down where we were going to visit. Even so, our itinerary changed due to landslides that blocked off the road to Trongsa so keep in mind that natural events occur and one must be flexible. Our original itinerary was as follows: Thimphu (festival), Phobijikha Valley (festival), Trongsa, Punakha and Paro. If we did it all over again, we would fly to Paro to Bumthang and then drive cross- country from there ending back in Paro. This would save hours driving.

The owner, Mr Raju, and his efficient assistant Menuka, handled the last minute itinerary changes with ease finding us alternative accommodation when so many others were in the same boat we were in; stranded. Even in Paro, when our regular accommodation did not come up to par with the other hotels, Mr Raju had no trouble finding us another hotel to meet our needs. Then on our first day in Thimphu, Mr Raju was good enough to join us for lunch which was not necessary but still nice to see that special effort bestowed.

From Mr Rinchen, we learned so so much. Everything from Bhutanese history, Buddhism, life in Bhutan (education, healthcare, childcare, naturalization…), government ( public works, women’s rights, constitutional monarchy, social economic development…) etc, etc, etc. And Mr. Kuenga, quiet but smiling, got us safely from one site to another. Mind you, this was not an easy task and my hat goes off to him.

So it was certainly due in part to the kind people at Heavenly Bhutan Travels that we fell in love with Bhutan. It is a wonderful country that has accomplished so much and should be very proud to stand by their principals. I am in awe.

My thanks ;)

Mentioned in this post
Heavenly Bhutan Travels
Heavenly Bhutan Travels
98 Reviews
Thimphu, Bhutan
Thimphu
Thimphu
Thimphu District, Bhutan
Punakha
Punakha
Punakha District, Bhutan
Paro
Paro
Paro District, Bhutan
Bumthang
Bumthang
Bumthang District, Bhutan
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heavenly Bhutan Travels - Tour Operator

Bhutan is a very beautiful country, no doubt. But our experience was made all the more beautiful by 'Heavenly Bhutan travels'. They provided with us a very knowledgeable, friendly and caring tour executive, Mr Bishnu Kr. Ghaley, who helped us understand his heavenly country better. Despite being a 3 day holiday due to census, they managed the tour very well and ensured that none of the the tourists were dissatisfied. After all, Bhutan has a lot to offer and missing anything as a tourist makes overall experience sour. Mr. Bishnu was present throughout the tour like a shadow, right from greeting us to seeing us off at the airport. He made our experience truly wonderful. For anyone who wants a no-fuss only happiness holidays, opt for Heavenly Bhutan. They really know their work and they will surely help in making sweet memories of the Kingdom of happiness for you.

Mentioned in this post
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Heavenly Bhutan Travels - Tour Operator

Bhutan , one of the happiest and heavenly nations in the world but who truly made this experience "Heavenly" was none other than the team of "Heavenly Bhutan". We has started off checking the official government website of Bhutan tourism where we saw a long list of travel agencies and we picked about 10 of them and sent them emails . Can't tell you how glad I am now that Heavenly Bhutan was in that random 10 . In just couple of hours I heard back from Ms. Menuka.She was extremely responsive and helped me connect with Mr Raju the CEO of HBT . Just that 10 min call with Raju was enough to tell us that we were with a professional team. Raju and Menuka over series of mails and phone calls helped us customize the trip and ensured that Best Of Bhutan was in store for us.

Imagine heading off on a holiday with just passport on your checklist since every other item on the agenda was taken care off by HBT. Our companions through our week's vacation were our guide Sonam and driver Ganesh.

Sonam's amazing sense of humour and his incredible knowledge ensured we fell in love with Bhutan's rich culture , heritage , food and their people. Ganesh was such a lovely companion and drove us around the rough terrain of this country seamlessly and you couldn't have expected a safer drive on those winding roads.

The highlight was dinner with Raju where we felt we were greeted by a very close family friend. . Those 2 hours were the most enriching moments of our trip were we learnt so much about this country.

My husband and I would like to thank Raju and his entire team for making for 2017 vacation so memorable. They are not a travel agency but a family who would welcome you with open hands and make you want to visit this place over and over again.

Mentioned in this post
9. Re: Heavenly Bhutan Travels - Tour Operator

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 17, 2018