We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to book for Apr 2015 tour?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
347 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
When to book for Apr 2015 tour?

I plan to visit Bhutan Paro festival 2015 which held end March to early Apr. I know it is popular so when should I start booking with my local Bhutan tour agent (Druk Asia)?

Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
3,090 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to book for Apr 2015 tour?

AS soon as you know for sure you'll be going. You pay for the flight into Bhutan, and the rest of the package one-two months before departure, If you want to secure a place, book early.

Have a great trip.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
347 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to book for Apr 2015 tour?

Hmm very high chance I will go. Perhaps October? 6 months in advanced.

Will I see any cherry blossom in Bhutan during that time?

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When to book for Apr 2015 tour?

Starts blossoming from early March, so you might see some white and pink flowers!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When to book for Apr 2015 tour?

First tell your local agent to book your air ticket. For booking, payment is not required. Then the local agent will give you a deadline of payment (1-2 month after booking date).

If you are not sure about your bhutan tour and if deadline of payment is near, then tell your agent to cancel previous booking and book a new one only if there is enough seats.

The risk in last minute booking during festival season is not getting air seats and good hotel. Otherwise all the other arrangement can be made within 1 month.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When to book for Apr 2015 tour?

Just returned from April 2014 Paro festival. The key is the flights into and out of Paro. We made our arrangements 6 months in advance but did not pay for the tour until 2 months before going. The air flights are the problem.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
347 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When to book for Apr 2015 tour?

Thank you so much everyone!

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
115 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When to book for Apr 2015 tour?

FYI I had issues booking flights for June, which is off peak in January. There are 2 airlines now though and the other airline was relatively empty!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
347 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When to book for Apr 2015 tour?

Thanks Justin!

9. Re: When to book for Apr 2015 tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:24 am, November 02, 2014
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
347 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: When to book for Apr 2015 tour?

Thanks loveBhutan!

I think I will start looking into the package in September and confirm (fully pay for the trip) by October for Apr 2015 Paro festival.