We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bhutan Travel with Mysterious Bhutan

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bhutan Travel with Mysterious Bhutan

There has been confusion on who among hundreds of Travel agencies in Bhutan to choose from. I have emailed to 16 different travel agencies in Bhutan to plan our trip. But none of other than Mysterious Bhutan Tours and Adventures responded within 12 hours and I was so fascinated by their quick response and then I knew they could provide is good service. After exchanging few more emails I along with three of my friends decided to book our trip to Bhutan through this agency. Interestingly we were provided with many choices of itinerary of which we chose one which seemed good to is. Few weeks after we were traveling through Bhutan and everywhere we went, there was always a new surprises which was not included in our program. One evening in Thimphu, we were driven to a distant place just outside of the capital city Thimphu. We were told that the dinner would be served outside. After few minutes we were again surprised by a colorful mask dancers and cultural dance troupe to entertain us. Dinner was served outside just in front of a huge Bon fire as the dancers entertained us for full one hour. Beer and K5 whiskey, cold drinks and local ara were some of the drinks provided to us as complimentary. Though none of us was one of the drinkers, we really appreciated the respect bestowed on us. We never felt as we were tourists at all at one time. Our guide Lam was always with us to make sure we feel comfortable. We felt so happy to be among those people who wear and dress entirely different from rest of the world. Our trip to Bhutan will remain one of the best of our trips. I along with my friends highly recommend to go with Mysterious Bhutan Tours and Adventures if you are looking for different and surprises from other agencies who offer uniform kind of services. Mr. Kunzang Tenzin, the director of the company is no less than your own when you want to customize your trip. Best of luck to all those who are looking for a reliable travel planner to Bhutan.

Mentioned in this post
Thimphu
Thimphu
Thimphu District, Bhutan
Berlin, Germany
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bhutan Travel with Mysterious Bhutan

We went to Bhutan in the month of October 2013 with Mysterious Bhutan Tours and we were 16 of us in a group. It was 7 nights 8 days tour which we have been given the best services by this company. We left Bhutan very happily but we missed our driver Tshering and guide Phuntsho who have further made our trip even more fun and enjoyable. I would highly recommend Mysterious Bhutan Tours and Adventures if you are to choose professional and best service provider in Bhutan. Best of luck

Mentioned in this post
Moscow, Russia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bhutan Travel with Mysterious Bhutan

We traveled to Bhutan with amazing company Mysterious Bhutan in March 2014.

Bhutan is a wonderful country and what the most important in this country live great people! I want to say a big thank you to our guide - Kunzang, director of the company Mysterious Bhutan Tours & Adventures with whom we traveled to Bhutan.

Kunzang loves and knows the history of his country and told us a lot of about her. He maked maximum comfort for us throughout our interesting trip. All 3* hotels (we had "economy tour" ) were very clean, with amazing stuff, with hot water and WiFi. But 4* and 5* hotels and resorts where sometimes Kunzang could settle us were gorgeous!

I want to say about our driver Tashi – he is very calm and experienced driver. And the road to Bumthang was very difficult. Thank you, Tashi, thanks to you, we have avoided a lot of trouble on the road!

Talk about natural beauty of the dance festival, and monasteries and dzongs, and most importantly the people of Bhutan does not make sense. All this must be seen with your own eyes.

Hurry to see this country with the national colors. Travel to Bhutan can be done by people of any age.

Kunzang and Tashi, once again thank you very much! Thank you for taking care of us. We discovered Bhutan for ourself and loved it so much!

Mentioned in this post
Bumthang
Bumthang
Bumthang District, Bhutan
Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
3,472 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bhutan Travel with Mysterious Bhutan

And suddenly three first time posters praising their local agent.

The service they laud is given by all local Bhutanese agents and not something special to one only. This is the Bhutanese way of receiving guests and showing them their beautiful country.

It would be better if posters would give a description of their trips with tips useful for future travelers.

Moscow, Russia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bhutan Travel with Mysterious Bhutan

Bhutantraveller, I agree what I'm newbie at TP but I can't agree what all companies give the same service. And as the most important for me - not all local guides are the same. We spent 11 days in Bhutan and saw many tousrists who were not satisfied by their guides. So I leave my post as my opinion. Because as I think you have to pay the same money but you may get not so good service!

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bhutan Travel with Mysterious Bhutan

We went to Bhutan in the month of October 2013 with Mysterious Bhutan Tours and we were 16 of us in a group. It was 7 nights 8 days tour which we have been given the best services by this company. We left Bhutan very happily but we missed our driver Tshering and guide Phuntsho who have further made our trip even more fun and enjoyable. I would highly recommend Mysterious Bhutan Tours and Adventures if you are to choose professional and best service provider in Bhutan. Best of luck

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bhutan Travel with Mysterious Bhutan

You must be right about all Bhutanese local tour operators serving almost uniformly but what I meant was that this company delivered what is promised and agreed. I felt that we were fortunate to have booked our tours through this company because many other visitors from different countries when we interacted with were not really satisfied with what they got. I just wanted to post here that if anything is of any help and informative to those who are intending to visit the Kingdom of Bhutan. My intention to post on This forum is not to laud or praise the local tour company but to convey our experience through this platform. Hope it is clear anyway. Thanks and best wishes

Mentioned in this post
Thimphu, Bhutan
Level Contributor
117 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bhutan Travel with Mysterious Bhutan

Hi All,

Dont you think that one time recommendation for the agency is enough here if you really appreciate their services ..We have been seeing the word used ''HIGHLY RECOMMEND'' several time for the same company.How matter if the company is new or old they give what is promised and agreed..

Let us hear what all activities you really enjoyed and the new information that could be help full for the new travelers rather the posting the company's name..

Minneapolis...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bhutan Travel with Mysterious Bhutan

I even used this agency in the year 2012.

Dortmund, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Bhutan Travel with Mysterious Bhutan

I met Kunzang, the owner of Mysterious Bhutan while I was working in Thimphu. Together with my girlfriend, we booked a 1 week trip with Mysterious Bhutan and I had a great time with Kunzang. He is very knowledgeable and an educated person (with very good English skills which is not standard among Bhutanese guides). The trip was tailored to our needs and we experienced some of the real Bhutan (most tourists don't when travelling in coaches and hopping from one mainstream monastery to the next). All in all, parts of the trip were pretty adventurous - just like Bhutan.

Mentioned in this post
Thimphu
Thimphu
Thimphu District, Bhutan
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bhutan Travel with Mysterious Bhutan

Dear Tobias,

I was corresponding with this company that you used before. Can you further say something on this company? Is this company reliable as you have had good experience with this company. I want to go ahead with this Mysterious Bhutan Tours and Adventures if you really meant it.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post