We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking advice for Bhutan trip : May 2013

Bangalore...
Level Contributor
58 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Seeking advice for Bhutan trip : May 2013

Hi Everyone,

My friend and I(2 female travellers) plan to visit Bhutan in the month of May 2014.Both of us are Indian.I have read through most of the trip reports already found that Indians need not have guide to visit Bhutan.

However we would like to go through tour operators only to avoid the running around and hassle of bookings, finding a place etc.

I have sent emails to couple of Tour operators as I have found recommendation from the trip reports however I have not received much of a reply , the one I have received I am not so happy with the package what they are offering.

I wanted some advice/ Suggestion from the you guys who have travelled to bhutan(Specifically Indian) for a tour operator who arranges trips for indians .

I plan to visit Paro,Thimpu,Phobjikha - Dewachen,Bumthang,Punakha within 10 days . is it possible if I am entering or exiting bhutan via road?

I would like to visit only the main sight scenes rather like to experience bhutan more. so what are they way we can experience the place ?

I read about having lunch with Bhutaneese family in farm house which sounds very nice. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

TIA...

11. Re: Seeking advice for Bhutan trip : May 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:08 am, March 05, 2014
Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
3,418 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Seeking advice for Bhutan trip : May 2013

This sounds a nice itinary. I'd stay in Bumthang and not drive to Ura, you'd want a car-free day, and there is much to see in Bumthang. During your stay you can make changes in the sightseeing, as you'll feel what you want to do more or less, only the nights are fixed. See how it goes and don't make too many definite plans, leave time for spontanous events you'll meet on the way. I'm sure you'll have a great trip.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
106 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Seeking advice for Bhutan trip : May 2013

Hello there!

We used Heavenly Bhutan as our carrier in Nov 2013. I can only tell you good things about this company. We did have a blast with Raju (CEO), Rem (driver) and Tek (guide). They are very flexible and fun to be with. Pls check my post -

tripadvisor.com/…54845747

Hope this helps. Pls. enjoy your vacation. If you have any other questions, pls don't hesitate to give me a buzz. BTW, I am not a stockholder of this company heheheehe :)

TS

Bangalore...
Level Contributor
58 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Seeking advice for Bhutan trip : May 2013

@sonofdragon, Thank for your reply.. It really helps. Thanks to Bhutantraveller once again for your reply.

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Seeking advice for Bhutan trip : May 2013

Hello Tia,

My name is Domenico Giandonato.

I'm Italian living in New York for many years.

I was for my first time in Bhutan last August (2013) for 22 day, I entered from Samdrup Jongkhar and ended my trip in Paro.

I went back in December (2013) for 15 days, fly in to Paro and drive down to Phuentsholing.

For both of my trips I used Heavenly Bhutan Travels, and they are amazing.

Please read my review on tripadvisor, I really recommend them.....amazing friendly people.

If you need any more info please let me know.

Ciao.

Domenico.

Bangalore...
Level Contributor
58 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Seeking advice for Bhutan trip : May 2013

@Thanks Domenico for sharing your experience.. I have read your reviews and it is very helpful.

Dubai, United Arab...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Seeking advice for Bhutan trip : May 2013

Hi

I had travelled to Bhutan in 2010 and it was a wonderful experience. I had enlisted the services of Heavenly Bhutan Tours and they did an awesome job. I am a single woman and i was travelling alone so safety obviously was my prime concern. Bhutan is very very safe, it's beautiful and these guys ensured a very comfortable stay and planned a really good itinerary including trips to Punakha, Paro and Thimpu. Have fun, you will fall in love with Bhutan!

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Seeking advice for Bhutan trip : May 2013

Hi, just reached india from bhutan, absolutely fabulous, am already starting to miss it. i did thimpu-dochula-punakha- membar tsho lake-phobjika valley- trongsa-punakha- paro. had one of th ebest travel trips, you both would love it as your doing it in may, one of th eprime season to travel. if you require any info lemme know, will tlet you know whatever i experienced recently..tc have fun and enjoy maadi!!

AJ

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Seeking advice for Bhutan trip : May 2013

one word of caution..before you choose a farm house stay in bhumthang, get the details of the place properly..some are expensive and as we are from india, does not make a big difference in life style from villages here and there.. i stayed in one and ended up paying more than a hotel and was similar to my visits in villages in south india..

Bangalore...
Level Contributor
58 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Seeking advice for Bhutan trip : May 2013

@Thanks Lekha and Ajay for sharing the information with me , I am sure it will definitely help me.

@Ajay , please post your trip report in this forum , it will surely be very helpful to everyone in the forum and also the people who are planning to go to Bhutan.