We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most extensive travel insurance for travel to Bhutan?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
502 posts
164 reviews
Save Topic
Most extensive travel insurance for travel to Bhutan?

Need your suggestions about U.S.-based insurance companies for trip cancellation and medical evacuation insurance for travel to Bhutan.

Thanks

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
424 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Most extensive travel insurance for travel to Bhutan?

In addition to a MedJet membership - which you can purchase on a per-trip basis - I have a policy for my upcoming October trip to Bhutan through Travel Insured, Intl. ( the "WorldWide Trip Protector" product) with an additional premium paid for optional extra medical coverage and optional "cancel for any reason." The cost for me, alone, was just over USD $600. I had a similar policy in March when I traveled through Chile and out to Easter Island and, while I never had to use it, I felt well-covered. If you evaluate your own needs and budget, there are a number of good products out there. I spent a considerable amount of time researching options, and this was a good fit for me and provided me with peace of mind!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Most extensive travel insurance for travel to Bhutan?

Two companies that come to mind straight off the bat are - Allianz Travel Insurance & Travel Guard. Their prices vary depending on your desired coverage, but from my experience have been reasonably affordable & reliable companies to use.

3. Re: Most extensive travel insurance for travel to Bhutan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 25, 2014