We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

those who used heavenly bhutan travels?

New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Topic
those who used heavenly bhutan travels?

Bhutan is such a wonderful country with rich culture and biodiversity. Ah! I am in love with Bhutan now. Like any other travelers, I google and picked heavenly bhutan travel over few other travel companies in bhutan with many reasons, oh my god I cant imagine supper speed emails with all the details in one go from raju, I thought he doesn’t sleep. they picked up exactly the same itinerary that I wanted to do, was able to conform all the hotels I requested, they promised to be flexible with the day wise activities. Well, then after having chosen them I cant expect anything more than what I got from hbt.

Few supper services among many were, the guide was superb and simply the best guide one could ever get, best driver. Sajan was my guide, he is walking encyclopedia, funny, talkative, very knowledgeable and humor. My driver Ram was another surprise who can speak better hindi and lot of fun being with them, the entire team was excellent. I guarantee that anyone choosing this company can truly feel like you are in heavenly place indeed.

I was solo traveler and stayed in migmar hotel, simply the best, friendly staffs, good service, best meals ever had and in Paro I stayed in gangye palace, you cannot imagine the night view of the valley from your room. Although standard room was quite small but I really like the traditional hotel, hot stone bath in the hotel, culture program and few other services were exceptional. In and all I say bhutan trip was among the best I ever did within Europe and north Asia. What a heavenly people, what a heavenly place and indeed it is place of gross national happiness.

Mentioned in this post
Paro
Paro
Paro District, Bhutan
11. Re: those who used heavenly bhutan travels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, April 28, 2015
New Jersey
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: those who used heavenly bhutan travels?

We visited Bhutan from 4 Sep to 11 Sep 2014 and had our trip planned with Heavenly Bhutan. We were 3 families and traveling with a 3 year old and an infant. Since we were traveling with kids I was very choosy when picking the travel agency to book our trip in Bhutan. I found Heavenly Bhutan via google search and I am glad I did. We all enjoyed every aspect of our trip from the hotels, our coach, tour guide Sangha, the driver and all the wonderful places we visited and the best of all river rafting. The best I can say everything offered was the best of the best at the best cost. We were all very amazed that Mr. Raju always made sure we were happy with everything and was in touch throughout the trip. Also, we have been to so many different countries and have planned tons of trips before, but it was the first time ever a travel agent came to personally meet all us and had a chat with us. Really impressive !! Thank you Raju for making our trip to Bhutan the most memorable for all of us especially our parents !!

Mentioned in this post
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: those who used heavenly bhutan travels?

Im very interested on doing a 5-7 day itinerary trip to Bhutan. They all seem to be fairly similar. It would be me and one other friend. Would anyone be able to tell me the total it would cost for us (roughly) for airfare and the full itinerary. We would be coming from Chicago. Thank you!!

Mentioned in this post
Thimphu, Bhutan
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: those who used heavenly bhutan travels?

Hi Jake,

The cost depends on which month you plan to travel to Bhutan, it will be better if you can get in touch with tour operators directly and ask for the rates. Yes the rates can be similar as the tariff is controlled by the government. You can pick any recommended tour operators from trip advisor. There are flights from Singapore, Bangkok, Delhi, Kolkata, Kathmandu, Mumbai, Dhaka etc with various fare slaps.

Good luck planing and enjoy your trip :)

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Kolkata (Calcutta)
Kolkata (Calcutta)
Kolkata District, India
Kathmandu
Kathmandu
Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
Mumbai
Mumbai
Maharashtra, India
Thimphu, Bhutan
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: those who used heavenly bhutan travels?

@ Madam Tanvini, good to know that you enjoyed your holiday in Bhutan with Heavenly Bhutan. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. This will surely help the trip planner.

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
93 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: those who used heavenly bhutan travels?

I originally posted on this string several months ago, as I was debating on Heavenly Bhutan vs All Seasons. They are both extremely great tour companies and I was absolutely impressed with Raju (Heavenly Bhutan) and Chimi (All Seasons). Ultimately, it came down to which company was able to get us the flights we needed, because it was a very busy festival time that we ended up going so many of the flights were booked or seats getting released on a daily basis.

I looked at my email communications with Raju and I had over 100 emails going back and forth from when I started planning the trip to when we actually started the trip. That's a lot! I am super detail oriented and despite all the emails, Raju was extremely responsive (very timely--I never waited more than 1-2 days for a reply) and he was very very diligent and thorough. It exceeded my expectations for a tour company, truly! He did a lot of extra stuff that we didn't ask for, but we completely appreciated. As a planner, I really appreciated all the extra thought and going the extra mile for us. For example, he wasn't able to initially get our first choice of hotel in Punakha, but even after he booked our second choice, he was still checking on whether the first choice would become available. Turns out that his diligence paid off and we were able to stay at our first choice because a few rooms became available!

Our tour guide, Sajan was the best. He was the PERFECT combination of friendly, fun, considerate, thoughtful and customer-focused WITH soooo much knowledge of the culture, religion, customs of Bhutan. We were all blown away! So amazing!!

I wish that TripAdvisor allowed reviews for actual tour companies. I would rate Heavenly Bhutan 5 stars out of 5. It was an unforgettable experience in all the right ways!

Mentioned in this post
Punakha
Punakha
Punakha District, Bhutan
Finland
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: those who used heavenly bhutan travels?

Me and my husband had a 5 days/4 nights tour in Bhutan in this April during, in the end of the festival season in Paro. We decided to choose Heavenly Bhutan for several reasons: fast replies, informative answers and strong will to execute and let’s be honest: good reviews on Tripadvisor + much better terms on sudden cancellation. We more or less knew what we want to do, see so the correspondance did not take too much time. Anyway, I had many specific questions which were answered.

Best thing in Bhutan? Nature, culture, architecture, people! Western-Butan was actually surprisingly developed so next time we would probably be visiting Cental and Western part.

Tip: rushing to Tiger’s Nest Monastery early in the morning may not be the wisest idea. Departing later will keep you away from the crowds and provides more intimate time in the temple. For example we started our hike afternoon, 13:00 and it took us 1h30 minutes to get up (+ 15 minutes break in the middle) and 1h10 minutes to come down (without a break). The hike is a challenge, but nothing impossible. For a relatively fit person it is deffinately doable. Full body massage and river-stone bath right after the hike will keep away all the muscle pain – tested!

Here is the programme for Western-Bhutan, if someone is isnterested in getting the ideas.

Day 01: 4-Apr, 2015 | Saturday

Arrival in Paro to Thimphu, 1.5 hrs drive

On arrival in Paro international airport at 1020 hrs, both of you will be received by Heavenly Bhutan’s licensed guide and driver, who will be with you throughout our stay in Bhutan. We will drive to Paro Dzong to witness the festivals for few hours before lunch. Paro festival is one of the largest and most popular event in Bhutan. Lunch in the town, after lunch we will drive to Paro via Chuzom. On arrival check in the hotel and later in the afternoon proceed for city sightseeing like visiting Buddha view point and if not closed on Saturday (usually its half day only), we will visit Folk Heritage Museum, Textile Museum, Traditional Medicine center and Tashichho Dzong in the evening. Overnight in Hotel Amodhara, altitude 2400m

Day 02: 5-Apr, 2015 | Sunday

Punakha Excursion from Thimphu, 6 hrs drive

After an early breakfast, we will visit interesting weekend market and proceed for day excursion to Punakha. The drive is very scenic and its via the most beautiful Dochu La Pass (3,150 meters), where on a clear day we can get spectacular views of the Himalayas. From the pass, drive downhill through the forests of rhododendron, fir and hemlock. Lunch in Punakha, after lunch we will visit Punakha Dzong, the most beautiful Dzong in Bhutan. Later in the evening if time permits we will walk to Chimi Lhakhang, temple of fertility which is associated with religious arts of phallus and return back to Thimphu. Overnight in Hotel Amodhara

Day 03: 6-Apr, 2015 | Monday

Thimphu to Paro, 1.5 hrs drive

After the breakfast in Thimphu, we will drive to Paro, straight to Tiger Nest hiking point from where we will take up hill 2 hours hike to (Taktshang monastery) Tiger’s Nest Temple, the most revered temple in the country that literally hangs on a granite cliff overlooking the Paro valley at 900m above the valley floor. The temple is associated with Guru Rimpoche who visited in 8th century and believed to have meditated three months in this cave and converted entire valley into Buddhism. Evening hotel check in and enjoy hot stone bath (on extra cost). Overnight in Tenzinling Resort, altitude 2200m

Day 04: 7-Apr, 2015 | Tuesday

Paro sightseeing

After our leisurely breakfast, we will visit one of the farm house, join the family for cooking lunch, interacting locals, kids and families. We will have lunch with them, after lunch visit National Museum, the first of its kind which has a collection from natural history to religious paintings. Visit 17 century Paro Dzong (Fortress) on foot and continue walking through the oldest wooden bridge still in use. Later in the evening we will enjoy outdoor activities like playing khuru and wearing Gho for men and Kira for women. Explore tiny Paro town and peep into some local handicrafts stores and enjoy the farewell dinner in one of the local restaurant. Overnight in Tenzinling Resort

Day 05: 8-Apr, 2015 | Wednesday

Tour Ends, after the breakfast our team will see off both of you in Paro international airport for your departure flight to onward journey with the prayers to welcome back to Bhutan in future.

Mentioned in this post
Paro
Paro
Paro District, Bhutan
Thimphu
Thimphu
Thimphu District, Bhutan
Punakha Dzong
Punakha Dzong
1,079 Reviews
Punakha, Bhutan
Hotel Amodhara
Hotel Amodhara
89 Reviews
Thimphu, Bhutan
Punakha
Punakha
Punakha District, Bhutan
Chimi L'hakhang Temple
Chimi L'hakhang Temple
399 Reviews
Punakha, Bhutan
Tiger's Nest Resort
Tiger's Nest Resort
185 Reviews
Paro, Bhutan
Tenzinling Resort
Tenzinling Resort
182 Reviews
Paro, Bhutan
Bangalore, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: those who used heavenly bhutan travels?

Thanks for a detailed and informative Trip Report on Bhutan. Four of us are planning a trip to Bhutan in Mid Oct 2015. We are avid Birdwatchers too. We are in touch with Heavenly Bhutan and hope our trip will be as good as yours! Thanks once again.

Mentioned in this post
Mysuru (Mysore...
4 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: those who used heavenly bhutan travels?

It all started with my decision to visit Bhutan from India. It was a challenge to find advise at one place. It took me nearly 1 month to finalize the trip where I was working full time on it! Here is how I did it. We were 6 adults travelling who wanted to cover Bhutan in 10-12 days from West to East and back.

I approached Makemytrip and Thomas cook but they had fixed packages for 6 days showing only Thimphu, Paro and Punakha. When I checked the map, these are all in the west and very close to each other! Moreover it was quite expensive. I started reading and realized that one can pick Tour operators from Bhutan directly and there is a list of operators recognized by Govt. of Bhutan. In case you have any issues with the operator, then the govt. can be approached and they will help only if it is a govt. recognized tour operator.

I picked about 6 tour operators from the published list of operators and wrote to them about the trip that I wanted - a tour for 10-12 days where I can see the country from West to East and back. Only one operator responded promptly - Heavenly Bhutan. There were responses by two other operators coming about 48 hours later! Quotes came from all the three operators but the quote by this prompt operator was the lowest of the three. More than anything else, the owner of this company called me and he sounded he knew his job as he could answer all my questions and also provided me guidance of what to do and what not to do. After finalizing the itinerary with all the three operators, I started negotiating for prices where I picked the Delux Hotels option where a vehicle will be provide with a driver and tour guide for all the 11 days of our stay. I picked Heavenly Bhutan based on the cost quoted. Hotel names at various locations was provided but I asked for a change in hotels at various locations which they obliged. I was quite concerned about the cleanliness of the bathrooms and linen after reading reviews on Tripadvisor where the Foreign travelers paid USD 250/- per day! Indian Travelers get much lower rates compared to US or European travelers. In fact when I wanted to go for Delux rooms (NOTE) which is different from Delux hotels!! The operator suggested that we should not opt for Delux rooms as there was not much difference from Standard rooms - the only difference being larger rooms! What impressed me was that despite being able to make more money, I was told not to go for it which I realized was a good advise and I would have wasted money for no gain. All I was looking for a comfortable hotel with clean bath rooms and clean linen and simple vegetarian food. I was quite skeptical till we reached each destination! We arrived in Paro, visited Thimpu (2 nights), Punakha (1 night), Thongsa (2 nights), Bhumthang (2 nights), Phukibja (1 night), Paro (3 nights). The hotels at each of these locations was better than what we expected - in Punakha, Thongsa, Bumthang and Paro the location and quality of the hotels was par excellence. The food in Thongsa was the best as it was at par with any 5 star hotel. The hotel at Thimpu was Amodhara and in Paro was Dewachen Resort. The room and location at Dewachen was excellent but at both these hotels somehow they treated us as if food was being served to us without our paying for it - the treatment was poor and below dignity for these hotels especially at Dewachen (it was terrible) - they need to be watchful of their reputation else nobody will choose them.

Heavenly Bhutan suggested that they would take us out to any other place which we choose to eat in. This was the saving grace. The vehicle which we got was Toyota Hiace but it was old with bad shock absorbers. The driver was very slow in his driving where it took him double the quoted time to travel from one location to another. It was supposed to take 5 hours to go from Punakha to Tongsa but it took us about 9 1/2 hours!

Both the guide Mr. Ganga and Driver Kado were fine people and very helpful. The people in Bhutan in general are very helpful and peace loving but very laid back. They tend to get shaken if you speak to them loudly or rudely. Being gentle helps.

Mr. Raju rai of Heavenly Bhutan tours was extremely responsive, open to suggestions, knew his job, provided suggestions where we lacked information, accommodative to change requested.

We travelled in June and it was not at all cold contrary to what we had read on the internet! Only at high altitudes, warm clothes were required else normal clothes will do.

Bumthang and areas around that place is just like Switzerland with local Houses and roads! Pukhibja was fantastic and very different from the rest of the places - the trek there was like walking in Scotland which overlooks the okawango river basin of Africa (in a much smaller scale)! These are a must visit places.

I found the trip to be too long for what we saw. So instead of 11 day tour, it can be shorted if one choose to fly from Paro to Bumthang and then start travelling back to Paro on road. The cost of air travel can be compensated as you will save on the number of days.

Food was not a problem as we found simple but fairly good food in almost all places. In Bumthang and Phukibja it was a little disappointing but not bad. Curd is not part of the meal in Bhutan but you get to buy it at almost all places!

There is nothing to buy in Bhutan as most of the stuff is from outside of Bhutan and is very expensive. Especially for an Indian traveler, everything is available in India at much lower costs.

Mentioned in this post
Thimphu
Thimphu
Thimphu District, Bhutan
Paro
Paro
Paro District, Bhutan
Punakha
Punakha
Punakha District, Bhutan
Bumthang
Bumthang
Bumthang District, Bhutan
Hotel Amodhara
Hotel Amodhara
89 Reviews
Thimphu, Bhutan
Dewachen Hotel & Spa
Dewachen Hotel & Spa
424 Reviews
Phobjikha Valley, Bhutan
Bangalore, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: those who used heavenly bhutan travels?

Four of us, Two Couples, have planned to visit Bhutan In Oct '15. After lot of research, we found Heavenly Bhutan was prompt in their response, less costly and even went to the extent of providing a guide who is knowledgeable in local birds! So we had gone ahead and booked our travel with them. We do hope our experience will be as good as yours, Ms. Mysorepadmini. We will share our experience after the trip, for sure.

Mentioned in this post