We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bhutantravelagency.com?

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Bhutantravelagency.com?

Hi, has anyone used www.bhutantravelagency.com registered under International Bhutan Travel Service with the Bhutan tourism council. any feedback if so. Thank you.

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bhutantravelagency.com?

Due to visit Bhutan 19th Feb-5th March with Bhutantravelagency.com/International Bhutan Travel Service and will leave feedback on our return. Suggest pay for your trip to Bhutan National Bank ( via Standard Chartered Bank in New York) rather than to bank in Delhi which they may suggest.

Belinda and James N

Mangalore, India
Level Contributor
33 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bhutantravelagency.com?

I've sent query directly to them , their ans- its registered as Yeti Travel agency in Bhutan Tourism Dept, according to one more answer in same forum anyone registered with Bhutan Tourism are totally reliable

Edited: 6:06 am, January 25, 2013
Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
163 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bhutantravelagency.com?

Hi, Belinda N,

I, too, will be traveling to Bhutan via this agency, quite soon. I was curious if their only method of payment was via a money transfer (bank - bank) or if you asked/were successful w a credit card?

Thx!

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bhutantravelagency.com?

I didn't ask about paying by credit card but got the impression that only cash would be acceptable.

Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
163 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bhutantravelagency.com?

Thank you, Belinda. Yes, they responded along cash, bank-bank wire transfer.

Mumbai (Bombay...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bhutantravelagency.com?

I had travelled with Yetis & Dragons. After calling them multiple times and probably a zillion emails exchanged between kesang, me and certain Mr. Negi for a refund, I'm forced to write about them in a forum so that it benefits others to go through a professional company rather than Yeti's and Dragons (probably bridge to bhutan). While they are not fly by night operators, but then they operate at a notch below outright conning. I'd like others to know my dreadful experience with Yeti's and Dragons (hereby referred as Y&D). While one does get hooked onto them due to their extremely quick response, it is downhill thereafter. Here's my experience with Y&D, While 4 star hotels like Nak-Sel (Paro) and Druk (Thimphu) were available and could be checked online, they claimed non availability and booked us into other hotels (not of our choice) after much deliberations and changing our itinerary did we manage to get the hotels of our choice. While they were charging us 225$ per day, the quality of hotels offered by them were at a cost of 50$ online. While the ones we managed were 100$ per day.

In Bhutan the driver was excellent but no guide. On enquiring with a certain Mr. Negi in India he said the money charged for the guide will be refunded. I'm not sure how many calls have been made to him and how many times I have provided my account number on email, yet I haven't received my refund despite confirming the same on email. Frankly I don't think I'll ever receive my refund and may have to explore other avenues to get the same, the point of penning it down in a forum is to make people aware that the service levels are below par and due to their incessant cutting costs at every corner leads one to feel conned.

I have travelled to many places and sometimes a bad hotel or lack of a good guide can leave a bitter taste about the trip. One doesn't mind spending more for quality. To further lend authenticity, that I'm not some internet troll. Here are the details.

P.S Today after posting about my experience in various websites they have come up saying the money has been refunded 37 days back. It doesn't reflect in my account though.

Client (s): Mr. XXX and Mrs. YYY

Date of Arrival: 2 SEP, 2012 Sunday KB 213 KOLKATA 10:00 PARO 12:00

Date of Departure: 8 SEP,2012 Saturday KB500 PARO 07:20 KOLKATA 08:00

Number of Days: 7 Days, 6 Nights

Tour Category: As per govt. norm, Guided

Package includes:-

Bhutan Royalty• & Other fees

Air tickets and Airport Transfer•

4 Star and 3 star Hotel Stay (Suprior room in Tashi Namgay Resorts - Paro,• Naamgay Haritage - Thimphu & Meri Phunsuem – Punakha)

Breakfast only ( Thimphu and Paro) and breakfast and dinner only ( Punakha• only)

Dedicated vehicle with a driver and English Speaking Male/Female Guide (For• all Days)

Sight Seeing• & All Monuments Fees

Package cost: (12500 X 4) + (10500 X 2) = 71000/-INR;

Ticket: (13779 X 2) = 27558/-INR; Service Tax at 4.944% = 4872/-INR;

Total: = 71000 + 27558 + 4872 = 103430/- INR;

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bhutantravelagency.com?

Yetis and Dragons are no longer registered with the tourism council of Bhutan. This company used to be used by Bhutantravelagency.com . They are now using International Bhutan Travel Services and possibly other registered tour companies in Bhutan. Due to take our trip soon and will post again after.

Mumbai (Bombay...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bhutantravelagency.com?

Whether it is Yeti's and Dragons or Bhutan Travel agency, you speak to the same person which is Sonam/Karma Tshering and also in India your wire the money to the same bank (Karnataka Bank). I'd avoid them (personal choice - don't like being conned/threatened) and would advise any and every friend of mine to do the same. I request everybody to check the facts and I don't mind sharing the email communication where was I was threatened implicitly that If i did not remove this review, I'd never get my refund back. The mail communication is from pleasebotherme@bhutantravelagency.com. I guess they are one and the same.

New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Bhutantravelagency.com?

I beg to differ and I'm saying this from experience because I recently traveled to Bhutan through BhutanTravelAgency.com and I was very pleased with their services.

I am glad I chose them to plan my Bhutan tour as they did a splendid job. We had a great and memorable time visiting Bhutan, a beautiful and serene country.

They handled everything very professionally and can be trusted as I traveled with them and faced no problems. The tour guide they provided, the hotels they provided...everything was perfect. We had no complaints and I encourage you to travel with this agency as I had a great experience with them.

We really appreciate the efforts put in by this agency, they are a team of enthusiastic professionals who go the extra mile. We cherish the beautiful memories of our visit.

New Delhi, India
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bhutantravelagency.com?

I travelled to Bhutan via Bhutantravelagency.com and I would like to say that in my experience all that was promised I got and if I look at the totality of the trip, I got much more.

I was provided a beautiful hotel, with very warm staff. I got the vehicle as promised, guide, driver everything was perfectly in order and as promised. This agency puts in so much of personal effort that its almost impossible to come unsatisfied and with complaints.

This is one place and agency through which even my parents are again ready to go and enjoy there time and this time they are asking me not to accompany them as they are saying guys from bhutantravelagency can take best posiible care. I think this sums up my trip.

So I can refer this agency to anyone who is planning to visit Bhutan, I really think they can satisfy 99% of travellers barring 1% who will always find some fault. In my hotel there was one couple who was fighting with their operator and saying its raining here, you should have informed us earlier about rains. I would just like to question the couple who can tell you 2-3 months in advance on what dates it will rain and when not? These are from that 1%.

Anyway lets not get distract from the main thing that I really recommend Bhutantraveagency to anyone who is planning to visit Bhutan.