We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plan to travel to Bhutan around end of March 2013

2 posts
Save Topic
Plan to travel to Bhutan around end of March 2013

I am planning a trip with my family in end March. I would like to know if it is a good time to visit Bhutan?

Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
3,090 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plan to travel to Bhutan around end of March 2013

End March is a good time to visit Bhutan, but as this is high season, take care with your reservations.

You can get much information and answers to frequently asked questions in the right upper part of this page, in the top questions section.

Happy planning.

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Plan to travel to Bhutan around end of March 2013

Thank you! I will start my booking maybe now and go in march.

3. Re: Plan to travel to Bhutan around end of March 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, December 10, 2012
singapore
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Plan to travel to Bhutan around end of March 2013

March, April and May is very good season and it is spring season in Bhutan however it will be little cold so i would suggest you to take few warm cloths for evening and morning. If you are planing to travel with Local Bhutan Company then you should always make sure to ask all the details before you confirm your trip. They have lots of tour operator whom you may contact directly, so that the cost remain cheaper and better service. you may login into several tour company website which is local based Tour company in Bhutan. e.g www.adventurebhutantravel.com www.bhutantravelconnection.bt, www.beyultour.com, www.totallybhutan.com, www.tourismbhutan.com

So there are many like above, check out

Edited: 11:13 am, December 11, 2012
San Diego...
Level Contributor
65 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Plan to travel to Bhutan around end of March 2013

I traveled to Bhutan in early Oct and in early April. Loved April so much more although some views on mountain passes were not as clear. It was cooler but not cold. Traveled the normal route, paro, thimphu, punakha and Jakar/Bumthang valley. Fewer tourists which made it nice and really beautiful rhododendrons blooming at that time.

6. Re: Plan to travel to Bhutan around end of March 2013

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:38 am, September 11, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
918 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Plan to travel to Bhutan around end of March 2013

If you are planning your Bhutan trip end of March, please make sure that you have Paro Festival in your itinerary. It is rather interesting to attend a local cultural festival. It will be held from 23 March to 27 March 2013.

I booked my second trip to Bhutan in Oct 2012 via a local Bhutanese agency, which is slightly cheaper. You can consider Legendary Bhutan Tours & Treks. (website : http://www.legendarybhutan.bt/).

8. Re: Plan to travel to Bhutan around end of March 2013

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:30 am, April 30, 2013
9. Re: Plan to travel to Bhutan around end of March 2013

Removed on: 6:30 am, April 30, 2013
Pune, India
Level Contributor
53 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Plan to travel to Bhutan around end of March 2013

How about November? Is it a good month to travel to Bhutan? Will it be cold out there? Please advise. Thanks.