We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proflight flight safety

Cambridge, UK
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Topic
Proflight flight safety

Noting that all Zambian airlines are blacklisted by the EU, and that Zambezi Airlines has been grounded, does anyone have any first-hand experience of the safety of Proflight Zambia Airlines?

I am not trying to knock them, I just want to know the score relative to other regional airlines.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
87 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Proflight flight safety

I have seen info re new early bird flights with Proflight. These seem considerably cheaper than normal rates. is it right that you could fly Lusaka to Livingstone for $47USD one way?? (or have I got my conversation wrong?).

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
4,372 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Proflight flight safety

$47 sounds a little cheap to me- I would double check the conversion. I thought the early bird tickets were more like $70-80, but you could be right.

Lusaka, Zambia
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Proflight flight safety

Proflight Zambia Early Bird fares from Lusaka to Livingstone or Ndola are KR250 one-way if you book at least 14 days in advance...

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Proflight flight safety

Hi Langmead

I plan to fly Livingston-Lusaka-Lilongwe in mid-to-late Sep but the latest bookable flight online for Lusaka-Lilongwe segment is Sep 5. Any idea why? Thanks!

Lusaka, Zambia
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Proflight flight safety

Hi,

We're following up, but in the meantime, please call call the Proflight Reservations team on:

Land Lines:Tel: +260 (0) 211 252452/476

Cell lines:Tel +260 (0) 977 33 55 63

E-Mail:reservations@proflight-zambia.com

Hours of Business

Monday to Friday 08:00 hrs to 17:00 hrs

Saturday & Sunday 08:00 hrs to 17:00 hrs

Public Holidays 08:00 hrs to 13:00 hrs

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
860 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Proflight flight safety

The other way to answer your question OP, is "compared to what other forms of transport?" You could take a minibus which is really unsafe and really time consuming. I would not hesitate to fly Proflight again.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
87 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Proflight flight safety

Hi, I was wondering re proflight if they are still doing early bird for flights next year? Have emailed reservations but not heard. Anyone know?

18. Re: Proflight flight safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 20, 2014